Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

im having problems with my Supra. i cant get the passenger door to unlock (electric locks). i was wondering what i should do? (there is no key hole in the door handle) i tried to take the door apart, but i couldn't get the top trim part off. do i just pull up? or what? any help is appreciated. also, i want to take the air conditioner off, since it is just excess weight as there is no belt on the motor for it. anything i should do before i remove the system? thanks alot,

Ian

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Yeah, you have to take out all the screws out of the panel then pull it out and down (to get it passed the door handle). You'll also have to disconnect the power going to the light. Once you get the door panel off then you can see the screws holding the top piece on (3 screws I believe) After you get those out, you can pull it up and it comes right off.

Got any questions let me know and I'll try to help ya as much as I can. My dad and I put on a new door and moved all the guts from my '82 door to the new '84 door:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooooooh ok..........that makes sense actually. stupid manual, doesn't explain sh*t. thanks dude. im gonna go attempt it right now. as for getting my lock to work again, should i just oil it or what?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, as for the locking mechanism, it might just need to be adjusted. There is also this little red plastic piece that can break easily that might be the problem. I know we had to replace that, but the door we got from the junkyard had all the replacement parts we needed.

I would just take inside side panel off, take off the plastic covering the holes to get to the mechanics (if it's still there) and look to see if you see anything malfunctioning. As in, when you pull on the door handle, does nothing move or does only part of it move, or what.

Let me know how it goes. I have to take my door back apart again soon because the window needs to be adjusted (and water is leaking in). If you really need some help, I can try to borrow my friends digi-cam and take some pictures while I'm doin' it to show ya what I mean.

Good luck.

[edit]
by the way, what year is your supra? Is the handle just missing the locking mechanism or is it just broken?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i got the lock problem fixed, use ALOT of lubericant, hehe. i have an 84 5-speed p-type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts