Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1987 supra tubo and im having a problem. there is a light on the left side of the instrument cluster. it is to the left of the tachometer and looks like a box with vertical lines through it. it keeps blinking and i have no idea what it is. can anyone tell me what it is for and how i get it to go off.thanks

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
It means ur coolant is low. The sensor is in the bottom of the overflow tank and it must have enough coolant in the bottom to cover the sensor. Check to see if your coolant is low, if it isn't just add a little bit into the overflow until the light goes away.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i have one more question i had a vacum leak i found tody and it was one of the ic pipes to the turbo from the intercooler. i took off the plastic black pipe off the tubo inlet that has the afm on it and noticed that the compressor wheel fan blades are a little niked up. it looks like sand or sumthing got into it somehow. the fan still spinns freely and everything but i want to know if it's ok to still run it. its a 60:1 compressor wheel. also the mouth of the housing has little nicks in it also. like size of sand. i find it wierd

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
doesnt sound good there. check the turbine for shaft play (up down and in/out) if the blades are nicked send it off for a rebuild as it isnt balanced anymore im willing to bet ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a coolant leak would do that to the turbo?? im not using any coolant though ive been checking

·
Registered
231 Posts
no, i think he was refering to your first question.

Get the turbo rebuild and check the shaftplay as MKIIINA suggested.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the turbo was just rebuilt like 4000 miles ago. i just want to make sure its not going to break or mess anything up driving it like it is. the compressor wheel doesnt rub .

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Where is Batavia??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey i have another problem now. i noticed the other day that i was getting oil out of my bov. and i took the pipes apart and found that the pipes from the 3000 pipe to the bov were coated in oil. what does that mean???and how do i fix it??? also its burning oil i can smell it and i can tell by checking the oil. what could be wrong???

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
a little oil in the pipes is normal. alot of oil in the pipes can be a sign of a turbo on its way out.. and judging from your other posts in this thread im going to say thats becoming a better and better possibility. also if you get a catch can it will help out.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree I had niked blades/then I had oil out the BOV/
then I had a smoke screen coming out my exhast!!!

time to find a turbo or rebuild sorry..........

Jeff

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where can i get it rebuilt or buy rebuild kit and how much???

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
send it off to either PT or Majastic turbo and have them rebuild it. turbos spin on the fast side (100,000 rpms+ ish) and must be balanced to very tight specs. a few people have tried to rebuild theirs with poor results plus for a stock rebuild isnt all that expensive.

jeff you ever get your turbo situation worked out? mine just went out too and i wanted to pick your brain as to what kinda setup you are going with now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went and swaped it for a 60-1 with a 12 degre clip from majastic(I was in a jam and thats what they had on the shelf)I think I have a boost leak in intercooler.

I am working on putting in my new intercooler this weekend.

Jeff

sorry for the Hi Jack..........

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Dont send it to majestic i had them upgrade my ct 26 a couple months ago to a 57 trim and it lasted bout 20 miles so then i sent it back and they wanted me to pay another 400 for them to fix there mistake so i ended up gettin my money back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts