• RZ

• RZ-S

• SZ

• GZ

• A black belt in Google-Fu

• Getting blackout drunk and shagging a whale on a Tuesday night

• Sneakily butt chugging cheap vodka during a company Zoom meeting

• Some BMW thing with Toyota badges

• Buying a Minivan just before she leaves you so you can die alone with lots of passenger space

• Going 150mph while doing lines of blow off a stripper's back as she gives you road head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard about different types of mkiv supra but to be honest, Idk which is best, what makes it the best and what makes them all different. Although, I get its something to do with the JAP specific supras

·
Registered
742 Posts
Did you search the forums?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Does Google or DuckDuckGo just not work for half the planet anymore?

SZ - Non turbo 2JZ-GE nonvvti, available with an auto or weak ass W58 5spd manual.
SZ-R performance package 2JZ-GE non turbo nonvvti, available with the Getrag V161 6-spd after ~96 and almost always has a factory Torsen LSD.
RZ - Twin turbo, available with an auto or the Getrag 6spd trans. Early RZ 6MT's got the bigger version of the rear diff, went to the small diff in '96 or so. VVTi 2JZ-GTE engines came about shortly thereafter.
RZ-S Twin turbo, 'sport' model introduced in '95ish with limited luxury features intended to lower the entry cost of an RZ. Typically came stock with the small brakes, 16in smaller wheels, etc.
GZ - Twin turbo luxury model, always an auto trans, typically had leather and all the nice interior stuff. Discontinued around 96ish.

Whichever one is 'best' is subjective to your desires and performance goals.

Here's another great source for all the nitty gritty on all the JDM models:

I also sweetened up the poll options a bit. 🍺

1 - 3 of 3 Posts