Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone was interested in 97 and 98 series 2 dash paint. I am a painter at a body shop and spent some time developing this paint formula to match my 97 Supra’s dash color. My dash panels are aged like every other Supra’s but in good condition. This paint is mixed in PPG Deltron 2000 DBI interior paint (DBC). I asked my local PPG rep yesterday if it was possible to use DBC in aerosol cans and he said he would get back to me next week and get me a can so I could test it. I am not going to sell any cans, I’m am just going to give out my custom formula so if you are interested you can go to a local PPG paint supplier or body shop that’s sprays DBC. I will let you guys know early next week if it works in aerosol cans. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in this.

Thanks, Alec
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Carbon Plant
Steering part Automotive design Car Material property Personal luxury car

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. Any chance you have completed pictures of your painted dash?

Did you need to do any top coat? Or is the paint alone holding up OK?
I haven’t actually sprayed any of my dash pieces yet, the main reason I made this was for a custom gauge plate in the radio opening. This paint is not top coated. In my previous experiences using this paint without any kind of top coat for interior trim pieces it holds up very well.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone was interested in 97 and 98 series 2 dash paint. I am a painter at a body shop and spent some time developing this paint formula to match my 97 Supra’s dash color. My dash panels are aged like every other Supra’s but in good condition. This paint is mixed in PPG Deltron 2000 DBI interior paint (DBC). I asked my local PPG rep yesterday if it was possible to use DBC in aerosol cans and he said he would get back to me next week and get me a can so I could test it. I am not going to sell any cans, I’m am just going to give out my custom formula so if you are interested you can go to a local PPG paint supplier or body shop that’s sprays DBC. I will let you guys know early next week if it works in aerosol cans. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in this.

Thanks, Alec View attachment 280456 View attachment 280454 View attachment 280455
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I got the aerosol can of paint today to test it and it sprays very well out of the can. In the pictures the one on the left is my previous spray out using my sata spray gun, the one on the right is with the spray can.
Tin Liquid Bottle Fluid Plastic bottle
Rectangle Grey Floor Font Material property

· Registered
95 Posts
This is super useful and I also didn't know there was a difference in the colours between PFL and FL.

I'd be up for buying a can if the £ ever recovers against the dollar 🤯

· Registered
1,303 Posts
wonder what it would look like with matte clear on top?

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Same - I will need to refinish all my panels now, even though I did them all in 2018. The existing center panel has an old-school Apexi AVC-R in it, frenched into two button slots. Now with the Elite 2500, don't need that any more, so have a new panel ready to go.

Of course the new panel is oem Series 1 black rubbery, while my refinish is flat black. Why not just paint the new center panel the same I hear you ask ? Because I don't remember exactly what I used dammit, nor can I find the sheet with what I used. Was a primer, a flat black and a matte clear. But WHICH damn ones ? I did about 12 combinations on test plastic to find the right recipe ...

Soo, maybe a changeup is in order.

· Administrator
11,412 Posts
Same - I will need to refinish all my panels now, even though I did them all in 2018. The existing center panel has an old-school Apexi AVC-R in it, frenched into two button slots. Now with the Elite 2500, don't need that any more, so have a new panel ready to go.

Of course the new panel is oem Series 1 black rubbery, while my refinish is flat black. Why not just paint the new center panel the same I hear you ask ? Because I don't remember exactly what I used dammit, nor can I find the sheet with what I used. Was a primer, a flat black and a matte clear. But WHICH damn ones ? I did about 12 combinations on test plastic to find the right recipe ...

Soo, maybe a changeup is in order.
I appreciate you're neurotic like me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts