Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold today 1987 Targa with 117 miles sold for 71,500.00. 1990 with 91 miles sold for 88,000.00

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow. Impressive. The mk3's in good form are fetching a decent premium the past couple years. bu 88,000 my goodness.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,963 Posts
Collects are obviously buying those cars because no one in their right mind would spend that kind of money of a MK3 (no offence).

R.K.

·
Registered
668 Posts
good to see some big ## for the mk3!!

lol I think 70-80k for a 6 speed twin turbo mk4 with under 100k miles is nuts too

or

20k for a non-turbo auto mk4 with 200k miles --->>> not seeing the value in that haha

but 20k for a mk3 supra with a jz, big single and r154....thats a deal imho

us mk3 guys are odd, I know....but I don't find it that odd for 30 y/o show room condition cars (mk3) to sell for that much

·
7M Fanatic
3,103 Posts
Sold today 1987 Targa with 117 miles sold for 71,500.00. 1990 with 91 miles sold for 88,000.00
Probably were bought to be modified by installing some LS pos V8, after they try a chinese turbo, and high boost until the stock head gasket, with poor factory head bolt torque let go....
Just because one has a large bank account, doesn't make them smart.

Now, I being a Cressida owner will never have anyone ever offer me more than the 5k I paid for it, no matter how many thousands I throw at it.
After all, it's just an old Japanese taxi.

·
YotaMD.com author
724 Posts
These snuck in under the radar for me. I would have watched and/or recorded them had I known. Very cool to see this stuff. These are obviously one-off rarities, but I think it does say something about the market for these.

Hard to say these aren't "classics" at this point.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Pretty amazing, two people got to buy brand new MKIII Supras over the weekend. Those two will always serve as part of the history of these fine cars.
There was also a red 89 that was advertised on craigslist to be sold at the auction that went for 14,300.
I saw that on the docket, I did a head shake, that's my old MKIII. I sold it back in 2013, it looks exactly the same, except it was a lot cleaner when I sold it. They only put less than 1,000 miles on it, it's just been sitting in a car collection all this time. Looks like the wheels haven't been polished in six years.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I saw your car in Texas Rajunz and it was beautiful. I wasn't even aware you sold it until now. I guess I'm one of the few crazy enough to keep putting money into one. I never claimed to be the smartest though...…..lol

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I saw your car in Texas Rajunz and it was beautiful. I wasn't even aware you sold it until now. I guess I'm one of the few crazy enough to keep putting money into one. I never claimed to be the smartest though...…..lol
You and me both brother. I'm normally a rather financially conservative person. The Mk3 is like crack to me man. :p

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
These snuck in under the radar for me. I would have watched and/or recorded them had I known.
All auctions have the docket for each day on their website, if you're looking for a particular car. No guarantee all of them are on TV though. The Mopars I like seem to conveniently go across the block during a commercial break, lol!

Al

·
YotaMD.com author
724 Posts
Pretty amazing, two people got to buy brand new MKIII Supras over the weekend. Those two will always serve as part of the history of these fine cars.
I saw that on the docket, I did a head shake, that's my old MKIII. I sold it back in 2013, it looks exactly the same, except it was a lot cleaner when I sold it. They only put less than 1,000 miles on it, it's just been sitting in a car collection all this time. Looks like the wheels haven't been polished in six years.

View attachment 247682
How many miles were on that?

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
How many miles were on that?
I bought the car in 1997 with 71,000 miles as a daily driver for my wife. In 2,001 it blew a head gasket with 112,000 miles, so I bought her a new car and took the Supra apart. It took 3 years to rebuild the entire car, when I sold it in 2013 it had 119,000 miles on the odometer. Here's the link when I sold it. Rajunz' MKIII Show Car, $15,000, Austin, Texas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts