Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering because the search function is not working for me. I was told that a 1995 Supra SE NA hardtop was very rare and hard to find? If it is, how rare is it? If not thanks for helping me out in my confussion. :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i think the se was made as cheap as possible to cut costs. i believe it didnt come with leather and all se's are hardtops. i could be wrong though.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
It's the sexiest NA Supra Model - Stripper Edition. :bowdown:

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
800 SE's were made, 400 5spd, 400 auto. All hardtop, no sub and amp, no leather. The lightest mkiv ever. They also came with ugly pinstripes and gold emblems.

came in diamond pearl white (only type of Supra with this color), red and black (im not sure if any other colors were produced)

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
I thought SE's were all 5spd? Most don't really consider the SE's to be more special...they are all hardtops, but they were also the cheapest ever produced...no leather, lack of premium sound, and pinstripe.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
I wouldn't pay a premium for an SE if thats what your asking. Someone on greedbay wants 17.5K for his, which is laughable IMHO (regardless of hardtop status). I could see 14K and do an NA-T on it, but that's about it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hava a 97 5-speed SE and it came with Leather seats but there is not stripes or gold emblems.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i thought SEs only came out in 1995....and no leather.. the emblems say "Supra SE"

are you guys talking about the special edition for the 15th anniversary? those are different from the SE model that came out in 1995.

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
SEs are the cheapy model for the supra, but if you ask me, that's a good thing. They're all hardtop, they're the lightest supras ever produced (perfect NA-T candidate) and the sound system, like any stock sound system, pretty much sucks so might as well replace it with something worth listening to :)

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
hmm.....my first supra wasnt SE yet it was 95 black/black no leather hartop 5spd, it did have a "gold package" which the dealer(Cerritos) told me came w/ gold emblems and premium sound. so why didnt they put mines in the SE catagory? was it just the sound upgrade?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
SupraSmoothTRD said:
hmm.....my first supra wasnt SE yet it was 95 black/black no leather hartop 5spd, it did have a "gold package" which the dealer(Cerritos) told me came w/ gold emblems and premium sound. so why didnt they put mines in the SE catagory? was it just the sound upgrade?:dunno:
The cloth seats are different, it's not the black cloth the others come with but has a bluish color for the outside part and the inside was black... the floor mats say "special edition", there was no option of lsd (the regular na model had the option and tubro came stock).. no heated side mirrors and has a greater chance of coming wingless from factory. i can't remember everything else that is different.

the gold package could have been put on by the dealer.

se cloth:

regular na cloth:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
I am not sure all SE's but my SE came with all leather interior.
did you buy yours new? maybe the previous owner swapped leather in? thats always possible.

·
Registered
402 Posts
my 95 supra se came in pearl white hard top gold packagewith cloth interior but i changed the color to hok candy blue and got rid of all the emblems and shaved almost everything.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My 95 Supra SE came wingless, 5-speed, hardtop, cloth interior, and base stereo, and with the gold package that all the SE's come with. That is the standard "SE" model. If there is leather, wing, or any other upgrades, that is all optional.
Since then, the stock wing was added, swapped out to leather seats, debadged the gold logos, and put in my own system.
The SE, being the lightest and a hardtop, was a great idea for an NA Supra that you can modify down the road.

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
maxsupra13 said:
To answer your question about the 95 supra se hardtop being rare that would be a no. you can check the sales records on mkiv.

http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/sales_numbers/retail_sales.html

you can see its the supra na model that sold the most now drop the se and then you got a rare car.
uhh according to the chart, only 800ish SE's were sold.....

out of 11000 mkivs (93-98),
7000 were TT's
3000ish were regular NA's
800 were SE's (only made in 95) id say thats pretty rare.
Plus my car is always the only diamond pearl white supra at any of the meets, instead of the common super white.

·
Banned
14 Posts
supra_onna95 said:
i thought SEs only came out in 1995....and no leather.. the emblems say "Supra SE"

are you guys talking about the special edition for the 15th anniversary? those are different from the SE model that came out in 1995.
My 1995 SE came stock with leather and the stock wing. Also the emblems do say "Supra SE". By the way I like the look of the gold emblems next to the red color of my car.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts