Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home for Easter weekend and, boy was that a mistake. 200 miles of snow. This pic was the light of it. I wasn't about to pull off the road to take a pic of the Supra in a foot of snow. I had to dodge around rolled over 4-Runners while I white nuckeled it all over the road at 35mph. Almost put my track fuse back in and uncovered that button that says, "SNOW." The staggered stance and wide rears makes for crazy handling.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a daily driver. I just didn't trust it to make it the distance. The weather has been sunny and beautiful for weeks. Started raining like crazy and some magical thing happened where the water turned to this white stuff at higher elevations.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
I feel your pain bro.. I got stuck in the snow with my Supra once also.. I agree it makes for "interesting" handling. Glad to hear you guided her home safely!

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan94TT said:
I feel your pain bro.. I got stuck in the snow with my Supra once also.. I agree it makes for "interesting" handling. Glad to hear you guided her home safely!
Ya, I had to take the long route home through three different states. Only ran into near flash flooding hydroplaining all over with the wipers on high and no visability. At least there was no gravel all over the road to chip up my paint more. Half way home my heater turned cold for some reason uninvestigated. Four hour icy tomb I drove. I felt I was suicidal for driving that road and take a Supra with me.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Reminds me of the journey I made from NJ to FL on Dec. 26th of this year when I moved.. all seemed wonderful until we hit NC and saw this....I have never seen an interstate in worse condition than this! The road has 2-3" of ice covering it! I guess in NC they dont know what rock salt is :rolleyes:

That took some keen navigation.. and then after that they closed i95 and my buddy and I were forced to sleep in the Supra which was packed to the brim with shit in sub-zero weather.. every hotel had no vac. and people sleeping in the friggen lobby... after a short time sleeping (freezing) in the car we decided that a booth in Denny's was a more comfy spot! I feel your pain!

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Damn I didn't think snow chains and supra could be in the same sentence. But when i bought my car, i had to drive it 1300+ miles from connecticut to Iowa in the first week of January. I had neither abs or traction control and i made it through the biggest storm this winter!!!!!!!! I will never do somthing like that again. Oh and i was on 18s!

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Jarrett I have to say that is some shit! I thought mine was bad... you got balls bro! Much respect..

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Heh well i didn't hit snow till ohio. The thing i'll never forget is driving by 100s of cars that had gone off the road or been in accidents. 2 times i thought for sure that the car was gone but luck or the big guy^ was on my side :).

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I showed my baby all these pics of supra's in the snow, she started crying right in her warm comfy garage.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
snow + supra = :nono:
Thats because you suck at driving:p

I remember the months befor my supra got here and the members talking about how scary it was to drive the Supra in the rain. Well let me tell you this, it isnt.

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
^^^

Birthday: August 28, 1986
Car: I GOT NOTHING

I cant say anything about the age, but Car = nothing. How would you know what a Supra in the rain is like? I lose traction easily on dry pavement. Never been in the rain tho - knock on wood.

And ice far exceedes the danger of rain.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
briguy453 said:
^^^

Birthday: August 28, 1986
Car: I GOT NOTHING

I cant say anything about the age, but Car = nothing. How would you know what a Supra in the rain is like? I lose traction easily on dry pavement. Never been in the rain tho - knock on wood.

And ice far exceedes the danger of rain.
I own a Supra TT dude. That was put in because some werido was IMing me and I havent changed it.

I know ice is far dangrous then rain but if you dont drive like an ass you wont have a problem

1 - 20 of 28 Posts