Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have done a full service on my Supra MKIV -95 tt

- Changed the turbos
- Timing belt, water pump etc.
- Clutch
- Had removed the intake, replaced gaskets and fuel dampner bypass mode.
- Changed the fuel pump denso 285 / l

But when I would start the car yesterday so it showed no signs at all, the starter just went and the teeth not to or something?

But then I tried injecting some start gas in the air filter. then started the car but then died on directly?

but now starts the car without starting gas but the problem is that it seems a bit difficult to start, but once it starts, laps it up to 1000rpm for a few secunder then dies immediately?

I can not move the gas when it dies instantly.

Anyone what to look for?
It is just like the car does not get gasoline.

I tried to loosen the pipe at the fuel filter and run at the start, but then it will no petrol? but when I loosen the pipes at the back of the pump so it petrol?

Spark, I have checked and there.
but it does not smell gas?

The fuel pump is quite new so it can not be?
Will try to directly connect 12v to the fuel pump?

Very grateful for help what to revise // Jim

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It sounds like it is priming but not staying on, wire it to 12V switched to make sure you have voltage to the pump after priming and try again.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would guess the us-eu spec supra has a different fuel pump ecu.The us spec pump draws twice+ the current of walbro 255 or jdm pump and that could have killed the 9v out.I had this also happen to me the day i connected a denso kyosan pump. I have also done the 12v mod back when this happened

1 - 9 of 9 Posts