Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and am having a bit a a problem with my supra's front suspension.

I was given some KYB Excell shocks and lowering springs and thought I would have a go at swapping them.
The back ones...no bother...apart from a few cut knuckles...
But the front ones have a very thin bolt on one side of the shock arm (wheel end) and the other side is a normal bolt...with the rear ones I could use 2 sockets (1 each side) to stop the other side from spinning...but I can't grab both sides of the front ones with anything, it's too thin, so it keeps spinning...There is also an odd shaped washer..almost traingular on the thin bolt, anyone know how I can remove it?

I do hope you guys can help, as my supra looks like she is doing wheelies!

J

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got any pic's? they should be normal bolts with good heads on them for easy removal and installation. never had this problem.
Yeah, pics as requested

By lovegravy

Bit tricky to see with all the rust, but...that nut you can see is about 3mm thin...the bolt on the other side is a normal 14mm, which is easily turned with a socket...but I can't hold onto this side with anything..so it just spins.

It seems that the mangled traingular shaped washer is welded to the nut...so I tried holding onto it with pliers and other things...it just bends under the pressure...so I'm a bit stuck with what to try next..

· I gots deep pockets cuz
1,241 Posts
Put a socket on one side and an impact gun on the other and it will spin off. That is how I did mine.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys

Cheers for the help...I tried various sized sockets, but the rust seems to have made the bolt head go between sizes, but the impact gun sounds like a good idea!
I had a feeling I was gonna have to grind it off?
Does anyone know why the front bolts are not the same as the back?

When I finally get these bolts off, they definately won't be going back on, so does anyone know where I can get the exact size bolt to replace them with?

Cheers again!!

· I gots deep pockets cuz
1,241 Posts
I had problems with one of mine and once I got it off I went to the junk yard and pullled a nice rust free one off the car. It cost like 5 bucks but at least it wasn't rusty anymore

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
5 bux if you payed 2 bux to get in that shit should have gone in your pocket. its a dam bolts that will just get melted down if never boughten.

just grind it off and get a new bolt. or see if you can find a easy off socket/stripped bolt socket..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.