Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
977 Posts
LOL

So you just copy my post from Ohio Supras :)

It's located near the top, you should be able to reach down and open it by hand. If the sound goes away, that could be your issue.
Not going to take credit.. I asked on our local board (Ohio Supras) and you did reply.

What can I say you werent in the thread yet and I was trying to help the guy out.. LOL :wavey:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
i pulle the actuator down wwhich i guess is open and the sound stoped and as soon as i let it go the sound came back i also unplugged the lil valbe or whatever that has the 2 lines runing from it to the actuator and nothing happened it stayed the same

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's most likely that reed valve.

There are procedures to test all the components in the link I sent you. The "thingy" you pulled the vacuum hose out of is a VSV.

You might also apply ~7psi to the actuator to make sure it opens, but since the sound is going away when IACV is opened, it's probably the reed valve.

That "box" on top of the pipe has 4 bolts. Take those off, and it sits right there.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well im saying fuck it now cus i took the reed out and went to take the 2 screws out to look at the plat and both screws broke off in the plate. soo much for this weekend

21 - 26 of 26 Posts