Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I know there have been several "Supra Trucks" in the past. They seem like they've mostly been used for racing-ish conditions. What do you guys think about a real 2JZ-powered truck? Say a Tacoma or Pickup lifted a little with a 2JZ swap. Do you think a truck like this will be capable of pulling a trailer this size (16'), no problem? Right now, I'm talking a stock 2JZ-GTE engine.

Thanks

· Registered
444 Posts
If you search more (google, not on SF) there already are street tacoma's 2JZ'ed..there is a whole website of crazy truck people that do all types of swaps, can't think of it ATM, but really if you spend a few minutes I'm sure you will find what I'm talking about....since your talking about towing and such, most of the engines that already come with tacoma's and similar truck have more torque and are already more suitable for towing, so doing a stock 2J swap would be a costly "I'm cool" swap, nothing more.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know of the Supra Trucks that are out there. That is what gave me the idea. I guess I'll speak to some of them. But, I was just thinking if I ever got through to this project, I would start out with an older car that would need a new engine anyway, so why not throw the best engine of all engines in there? And I assume with say a compound turbo set-up, it could have the towing capabilities of a Tundra, do you think?

· Registered
250 Posts
man it would take some $$$ and a lot of time to get that done. and 2jz's are not torque monsters, suited for lighter high revving cars not torque hungry trucks. if you're towing a 40 ft camper, you'll be laggy as crap until you hit 4000-5000 rpms, then suddenly have monster hp. cool in a car, not a truck.

why not just stick an ls engine in there. cheap, plentiful, and lots more torque

2jz in a truck is for show or for dragging not suitable for daily truck use.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.