Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ex-MKIV TT OWNER
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the "Other Cars" forum, but I wanted to make sure I got the input of MKIV owners: Thanks guys

Hello All:

I sold the Supra years ago due to continuing crank walk issues and I've been out of the performance vehicle seen for quite a while. After some real hard soul searching I decided to "live it up" and purchase what I conisder to be almost as equally rare as the supra TT... a 2001 Ford Lightning. She is bone stock with 29K miles on the clock.
It's tough to imagine a heavy ass truck being performance oriented (especially from the factory) but these damn things really GET UP AND GO!!! The top end is nothing special (for now) but out of the hole it boooks.
I've allready ordered some of the basic bolt on's that get these things to 400RWHP & 500 RWT :eek4dance

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
crankwalk issues with your MKIV? :scratch:

This should have gone to Members Rides. . .

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
equally rare as the supra TT... a 2001 Ford Lightning.? NOT!,they are OK trucks though,fun to drive,but i would never trade down to something like that

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,226 Posts
Lightings are nowhere near as rare as the supra.

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
I'm with all these guys. Yes, Lightnings are pretty rare but nothing to the extent of a Supra. I also wouldn't compare the performance. But honestly, nice buy! Tint the windows and get the front license plate holder removed and covered.

Brian

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice Truck. Love the Lightnings. My father in law has one and it will move.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
FYI, in one year they made more lightnings than all years of MKIV turbo supras combined.

Nice truck though.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Nice truck, great choice for someone who needs the space and still wants something that is performance oriented. Id take one of these over a srt10 any day. For anyone who thinks its just another truck, really needs to drive one. Seats are about as comfortable as they can get. It also does damn well in the twisties, especially for a heavy truck.
Good choice in a vehicle, and although not nearly as rare as a mkiv.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.