Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting an MKIV Supra TT and have come across some interesting finds in my search for horsepower. I've seen where BPU can net a substantial increase in horsepower and was quite amazed. I have a friend who is an avid racer and he has told me to not expect too much of a power increase from BPU because it is really only upping boost and increasing airflow. I do trust his judgment but then again, he's an RX-7 fanatic. What real world increase in HP can I see from BPU?
I do live in Japan so I will be getting a J-Spec Supra, which is standard at 288ps/hp. I want to get RELIABLE hp from upgrades and would like around 500 hp or so. If the BPU can truly do this for me then that would be excellent but I am a little skeptical. According to different sources the hp would increase to 460 rwhp. Thats an incredible increase but is it accurate? Any help to point me in the right direction is much appreciated.

:cool:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I'm In Japan as well and basically asked the same Q as you. I know that the JDM 2JZ won't make as much power as the UDM, but I'm still unclear as to how much potential it really has.

Ray

·
3,148 Posts
A typical US BPU+ Supra (6-speed) will make around 430rwhp (18.5psi). This is around 506 crank hp. The Jspec Supra has smaller turbo's so I would expect that number to be even lower. Probably in the 400rwhp range. If you want more than that you will need a turbo upgrade.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
353 Posts
Steve,

Don't forget it has smaller injectors as well, and the cams are slightly less robust.

For you guys, if BPU power is what you want - you may want to pick up some US-Spec Supra parts (injectors, cams, turbos). You can find them here pretty often and if you look enough you should be able to find a good deal

-m

1 - 5 of 5 Posts