Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a Supra TT 6-speed and want to know how these cars are in the rain. I live in the Seattle area so we get a lot of it. This will be a daily driver (i have a short commute) so what are everyones thoughts? Is the traction control really good or not?
THanks
Ben

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sounds like you need to get either 97 or 98 Supra. :) It comes with tranction control that works pretty good. I only drove my car twice in the rain but I had no problem at all. :) You'll still need to get nice all season tire though. My suggetion is Michelin Pilot Sport AS, best tire I've bought so far. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
You have a Audi S4 and are going to be driving your TT in the rain?!?! High HP RWD Twin Twin 6spd + rain = :eek: ... No seriously if you get one just be careful in the rain. I know im not a MKIV guy but I've lost my back end a couple of times in the rain with my MKII so i couldnt imagine turning a corner with boost coming on.....

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've got an N/A and i have to feather it in the rain. . . be CAREFUL!!!!!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RWD car with big tires and a lot of power... you do the math

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
I drove mine in the snowstorm today. Remember to keep tires with good tread on them and basically slow down in the rain. I don't typically have problems with the rain, but if you invite the second turbo to join you...you will! :)

Steve T.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all the info and thoughts. I actually sold the S4 last night and this will be replacing it. Otherwise i would always drive that in the rain'
Thanks again
Ben

·
Registered
345 Posts
If driving in the rain actually bothers you that much then get a WRX or the EVO. AWD in rain should make things less hairy. Though neither of the these two cars look any where near as good as the Supra nor do they have the potential of the SUpra.

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
Rain aint bad! Snow is the mother*#&$^. With good tires & a wary eye, you should do just fine. A TT isn't that peaky. Watch out for modifieds though!

·
Jessica Alba.. mmmmmm....
571 Posts
My Nitto-555's suck bootie in the rain. Sooo.. I don't take it out in the rain anymore. And just to stop me from wanting to take it out in the snow during winter, I put it in storage, up on stands, and put only fire, theft and damage insurance on it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am looking at buying a Supra TT 6-speed and want to know how these cars are in the rain. I live in the Seattle area so we get a lot of it.
Hello, I'm in the Seattle area also, and have Pirelli P7000 A/S SuperSport tires on my 6-speed TT. They grip well in the rain, and seem to "hunker down" on the road at freeway speeds.

:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts