Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to do a rear delete, I have started most on just eliminating all of the parts that were not needed anymore. I am only asking cause I am seen a lot but am unaware of the process. If anyone just has any advice or can recommend me to someone that has had some experience doing such fabrication! Thanks, and again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
alot of guys I've seen just get some carpet to go where the seats were or they put a sub box there. Maybe try the interior section.

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alot of guys I've seen just get some carpet to go where the seats were or they put a sub box there. Maybe try the interior section.
Thanks for the advice, any other help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Simply lay down some black automotive carpet in place of the seat bottom and it will look 100%, be lightweight, and inexpensive. The so-called rear seat delete kits some members try to pawn off on here are simply a couple pieces of mdf or cardboard wrapped in speaker box carpet for a couple hundred bucks that look like you're hauling a carpet covered mdf board to the dumpster in your back seat.

John H

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
That is up to you how you would like to build it .. if it were me I would do a fiberglass mold of the floor and then do whatever kind of design for the top I wanted. Be it flat by using a piece of MDF wood or crazy creative. Than put carpet on top of that. Also by doing the fiberglass mold on the floor Id use some of the stock bolts for the seat belts to hold it in place. But thats just me. I tend to do things overkill.

Mike

Simply lay down some black automotive carpet in place of the seat bottom and it will look 100%, be lightweight, and inexpensive. The so-called rear seat delete kits some members try to pawn off on here are simply a couple pieces of mdf or cardboard wrapped in speaker box carpet for a couple hundred bucks that look like you're hauling a carpet covered mdf board to the dumpster in your back seat.

John H
Haha funny shit !!

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the help and recommendations!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,721 Posts

John H
Sorry but the the kit gives the car a more finished look and weighs less than 10 lbs. The carpet used in the kit is also better quality than the carpet you find at Home Depot as it comes from auto carpet manufacturers. There are plenty of happy members who have purchased a kit that are more than surprise at how well it truly does look for as simple of a piece that it is. And there not a couple hundred.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know this car

That supra looks looks like my buddys old one. Did you buy your car from a guy here in san diego Tuner? That is my buddys dyno that the picture was taking on. I might have been there that day. What a small world. Car looks great right now!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sorry but the the kit gives the car a more finished look and weighs less than 10 lbs. The carpet used in the kit is also better quality than the carpet you find at Home Depot as it comes from auto carpet manufacturers. There are plenty of happy members who have purchased a kit that are more than surprise at how well it truly does look for as simple of a piece that it is. And there not a couple hundred.....

Leave the rear bottom cushion intact after removing the back of the seat and the rear hatch carpet lines up perfectly flush with the top of the cushion. Total cost $0, looks absolutely stock, you avoid 10lbs of unnecessary "rear-seat delete kit", and still retain the functionality of the bottom part of the seat. But if you want to part with $100 for a piece of flakeboard then by all means do so...maybe even add a chromed fuse box lid:)

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That supra looks looks like my buddys old one. Did you buy your car from a guy here in san diego Tuner? That is my buddys dyno that the picture was taking on. I might have been there that day. What a small world. Car looks great right now!!!
Yes this car was in San Diego but I bought it about a year and a half ago. It is undergoing extreme amounts of modifications but thats the fun part about it. lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts