Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an unmolested twin turbo 6 speed for sale under $30k recently?
Or is that unrealistic? Any idea how much they typically go for? I've seen ebay, auto trader and cargurus but those are asking $50k + and I doubt people are buying those.
Im just trying to get a sense for twin turbo auto vs 6 speed price differences. All else being equal.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,332 Posts
I have not seen 6 speeds in 30k mark for few years now. Prices seem to be climbing monthly, most of it is asking price, but in general, clean unmolested cars are fetching premium dollars, even autos are in high 30's now.

Good luck with your search.

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
Has anyone seen an unmolested twin turbo 6 speed for sale under $30k recently?
Or is that unrealistic? Any idea how much they typically go for? I've seen ebay, auto trader and cargurus but those are asking $50k + and I doubt people are buying those.
Im just trying to get a sense for twin turbo auto vs 6 speed price differences. All else being equal.
You are searching for this car at the wrong time...the market will drop some as its in a fairy tale phase right now..but it won't drop much then stands to go back up. Are there deals out there...yes..very very few and only the diligent/lucky/entrenched enthusiast with time on there hands will find those deals. Lowering your standards to salvaged/painted/missing vin/high mileage will give you more options..but even that market is tapped and overpriced. The days of clean sub 100k mile 6spd turbos is gone.

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
30K unmolested twin turbos? Try $60K right now lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks for the input guys. I guess ill have to settle for a tt auto then. ��
I definitely have time as im not in a rush to buy but its always been a dream of mine to own one and so I've recently started aggressively looking for them.
I saw a 94 black tt auto (mint condition the seller claims) around 86k miles unmolested, clean vin and title for $34k.but that sounds a little high to me. Your thoughts on that one?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah well try explaining that to my wife...lol
I talked about Supras every day until my wife finally got sick of hearing it. Her exact quote was "Either buy a Supra, or shut the fuck up about it!". It was a Saturday night. I was sitting on our deck and was a little more than half way through a bottle of Southern Comfort. She thought I was too drunk to remember, I'm sure, but no. When drunk, a man may not remember why his car is parked in the pool... he may not remember why that used, bloody tampon is in his shoe... he may not remember why he's missing three teeth, and there's poop in the front his pants, but he will damn sure remember that his wife told him to buy a Supra.

Mine was in the driveway the following Friday.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,332 Posts
Yeah well try explaining that to my wife...lol
Show her what clean Cuda, Challenger, Mustang and other muscle cars from the 60's/70's bring on Mercum TV, this is where its all headed.

I predict when generation X(80,90s) kids retire, clean Supras are going to be a bargain under 150k. :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I talked about Supras every day until my wife finally got sick of hearing it. Her exact quote was "Either buy a Supra, or shut the fuck up about it!". It was a Saturday night. I was sitting on our deck and was a little more than half way through a bottle of Southern Comfort. She thought I was too drunk to remember, I'm sure, but no. When drunk, a man may not remember why his car is parked in the pool... he may not remember why that used, bloody tampon is in his shoe... he may not remember why he's missing three teeth, and there's poop in the front his pants, but he will damn sure remember that his wife told him to buy a Supra.

Hahaha! Sheezus guy... You party hard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was in the same boat as you. I've always wanted one. Started searching and I learned VERY quickly that these cars command alot more than I was thinking/remember. When I started searching I was expecting to find a TT 6-speed for around $20-25k. I simply did not know the market for a Supra. The ones I wanted were $40k+ all day. I settled on a NA auto bc in the end I simply wanted the car for the look as I remember when I was 15 and I already have my weekend warrior race car TT with 900hp. It all just depends on what you want to do with it and your goal. I will be slapping an intake, injectors and turbo on mine but nothing crazy.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts

Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was in the same boat as you. I've always wanted one. Started searching and I learned VERY quickly that these cars command alot more than I was thinking/remember. When I started searching I was expecting to find a TT 6-speed for around $20-25k. I simply did not know the market for a Supra. The ones I wanted were $40k+ all day. I settled on a NA auto bc in the end I simply wanted the car for the look as I remember when I was 15 and I already have my weekend warrior race car TT with 900hp. It all just depends on what you want to do with it and your goal. I will be slapping an intake, injectors and turbo on mine but nothing crazy.
Wow you have 2 Supras?!?? Its always been my dream to own one but I think I may have to settle for a tt auto since tt 6 speeds are slowly becoming extinct and wayy out of my price range.

·
Champagne Papi
5,695 Posts

Someone buy this man a beer! :beer:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow you have 2 Supras?!?? Its always been my dream to own one but I think I may have to settle for a tt auto since tt 6 speeds are slowly becoming extinct and wayy out of my price range.
Nothing wrong with the autos. Especially if you regularly sit in D.C. traffic. I always regret taking any of my manual tranny cars into town during rush hour traffic. They aren't as fun to drive, in my opinion, but I get annoyed in traffic with constant shifting. So my supra is pretty much a weekend cruiser. And our local traffic conditions here aren't as bad as D.C.'s.
Plus they are easier to drag race.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hahaha that's awesome!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing wrong with the autos. Especially if you regularly sit in D.C. traffic. I always regret taking any of my manual tranny cars into town during rush hour traffic. They aren't as fun to drive, in my opinion, but I get annoyed in traffic with constant shifting. So my supra is pretty much a weekend cruiser. And our local traffic conditions here aren't as bad as D.C.'s.
Plus they are easier to drag race.
thanks brother!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts