Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I wanted share with my new results dyno.

Supra "Twister" Specs.

2JZGTE STOCK 6 SPD
TURBO HKS T51R
GREDDY INTAKE Manifold
DUAL BOSCH 044
FUEL: VP RACING Q16
AEM INFINITY 7-08
Tuned by Junito Sosa

Well, in summary of results dyno.

Pass #1 = 450 hp - No tune , only 15 psi, Pump Gas.
Sorry i forget shoot a pictures.

Pass #10 = 588 hp / 495 torque, 25 psi, Pump Gas.

Pass #20 = 757 hp / 586 torque, 33 psi, VP Racing Q16

Video

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Nice numbers. But 25 psi on pump gas.. just wow! What octane is your pump gas?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is 93 octane.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice setup!

Power is about on par with pump gas tuned, but I'd guess that was really like 18psi. 25psi would have put you closer to 675whp probably. Unless you pulled like a ton of timing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That pump chart has a mean dip!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice numbers, also curious about the dip though. My car had a similar dip before I changed the coilpacks but it wasn't as broad of a dip.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
First off, nice setup. I wish I had a t51r.

Secondly, somethings up with your car man. Those graphs are fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up. Dip aside on the pump gas map. I'm more concerned with the race gas map, you can't really tell because you don't have the rpm posted, but it looks like the car is making the same power from 4500 to redline. That thing frigging flat lined! Maybe you kept everything very conservative but your numbers seem a little low... That being said, if your car drives well, doesn't knock and your happy with it leave it alone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey....

About the DIP. The tuner told me, that He was make dialing in gains on the boost controller. That happened it a Dip. Later He corrected the boost controller and works well.

Also i found another pictures of results in the pass #4 similar the pass #1.

Thanks for comments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I suppose the flat line could as well be dictated that way because of the orientation of the graph and how long and flat it is to some extent as well but the numbers still seem a tad low everything considered. I also would have to wonder how much air temperature could be involved there due to your hot climate. Was it a hot day when you had this tuned?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
^^ Definitely an old school version but still badass nonetheless. Is it water cooled? Looks like it from the view you posted. Been forever since I had my SPL. Easiest way to differentiate the HKS T51 series is by the compressor wheel measurement. Kai is 70mm vs. SPL at 76mm. If this is a SPL version then your turbo is tired and needs looking after, but the numbers are close to what a kai(70mm) should put out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suppose the flat line could as well be dictated that way because of the orientation of the graph and how long and flat it is to some extent as well but the numbers still seem a tad low everything considered. I also would have to wonder how much air temperature could be involved there due to your hot climate. Was it a hot day when you had this tuned?
88 degrees Temperature

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ Definitely an old school version but still badass nonetheless. Is it water cooled? Looks like it from the view you posted. Been forever since I had my SPL. Easiest way to differentiate the HKS T51 series is by the compressor wheel measurement. Kai is 70mm vs. SPL at 76mm. If this is a SPL version then your turbo is tired and needs looking after, but the numbers are close to what a kai(70mm) should put out.
;)
No water cooled.

Only t51r spl have water cooled.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Kai came in a BB/water cooled version too. In any case, I was giving you insight on how to identify what you have. G/L
OK, thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts