Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the number and letter in the supra Vin # stand for..., i know they are for like the engine, year, color, etc..., but im not sure which are which.
Here is an exaple Vin:
JT2JA82J9S0026193

Thanks,
John

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
THE FIRST 3 IS COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE,MAKE,TYPE.THE NEXT 5 IS VEHICLE DESCRIPTION.THE 9TH DIDGET IS CHECK CODE.THE 10 IS MODEL YEAR.THE 11TH IS PLANT MFR.THE LAST SIX IS CAR NUMBER OFF ASSY LINE.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
BUILD INFO

ON THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR JAMB IS A WHITE BAR CODE STICKER.THIS WILL TELL MORE INFO ON YOUR CAR.UNDER THE BAR CODE IS C/TR.THE C MEANS COLOR CODE,THE TR MEANS TRIM CODE.UNDER THAT IS A/TM.THE A MEANS AXLE CODE,TM MEANS TRANSMISSION CODE.THERE IS ALSO A MODEL CODE ,THAT GIVES A MORE DETAIL BREAKDOWN ON THE VIN#.ALSO YOU CAN FIND THE PRODUCTION DATE THERE.IVE OWNED A 81,84,86.5,87T,89T,92T AND AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON A 98TT 5K MILES WITH BPU++++++UPGRADES.IM A PARTS MANAGER FOR ELMHURST TOYOTA(CHICAGO AREA).IVE BEEN EMPLOYED HERE FOR 19 YEARS.HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.IF YOU DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER FOR YOUR CAR,ANY TOYOTA DEALER CAN REPRINT IT FOR YOU.IT WILL HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

CURT AIGNER
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
any way to figure out what # your car was? and how many they made in that year?

Reason i ask is i have a build date of 8/98 on mine so it has to be one of the lasts on over here.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
JULY PRODUCTION[7/98]ENDED WITH UNIT 3109,AUG PRODUCTION[8/98] ENDED WITH UNIT 3358 .SO FOR AUG 249 CARS WERE SHIPPED TO THE USA.LOOK AT THE LAST 4 #S OF YOUR VIN TO SEE WERE YOU SPOOL UP AT.2858 TOTAL SUPRA UNITS SHIPPED TO USA FOR 1998 MODEL YEAR.

CURT

ELMTOYPARTS

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
I HAVENT FOUND A SOURCE YET FOR MORE INFO.I.E.HOW MANY EACH COLOR,W OR W/O SPORT ROOF,AUTO OR 6SPD ETC.CLOTH-LEATHER,W OR W/O SPOILER ETC..THE INFO I HAVE IS PROVIDED BY TOYOTA IN OUR ELECTRONIC PARTS AND MICROFICHE CATALOGS.

CURT

ELMTOYPARTS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts