Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy,

i have a Stock 98 Twin turbo Automatic ... i was thinking to get A bpu to raise my horse power but all i need to know after spending 1400dollars on it ...so wat cars will i beat and can i smoke a ferrari 360 modena thank u all waiting for reply:(

·
supraman
632 Posts
I think with BPU ++ mods (FMIC and Fuel controller) running at least 18-20 psi with 98 RON fuel. You should just about be able to take him, not by much though could be a close race.:cool:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
when my car was bpu++ i would run 18psi on 93 octane and beat the modena by about a car to car and a half from a 40-120mph. i have a 6speed if that matters

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
18-20 psi in a BPU car will pull pretty good on a 360, but you're at a slight disadvantage with the slushbox.

With a manual, no contest. With the slushy, it could be closer. Depends on how fast you go, what kind of launch, etc, etc.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
...I was wondering the same thing :) I have a 6speed, getting ready to do a greddy 3row and bov, and boostcontroller, but I dont think fuel controller...probally just wait for the AEM..think that will make a big difference? With the hks dual dragger exaust, intake, downpipe, hks boostcontroller, greddy 3row and hks ssqv?
What else do we have a chance with? Porsche turbo?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I really don't think the automatic stands a chance against a Modena, at least in a highway race. Try it and let us know how it goes. Is it a US-spec Supra, or JDM?

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
it can be done in an auto with bpu+fmic,VPC, and I was doing 19 PSI. It was a silver one we had in our car club that always thought he was the sh!t. One night coming home from bakersfield we went at it on the freeway and at first he took me but when i hit full boost and the second turbo came in it was all over from there. I got him by about 5 cars to atleast I saw his headlights pretty far back in the rear view. We hit about 155 mph and he stopped talking all his shit. I think it comes with 380 HP and it had the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. so it can be done.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
supra557hp said:
it can be done in an auto with bpu+fmic,VPC, and I was doing 19 PSI. It was a silver one we had in our car club that always thought he was the sh!t. One night coming home from bakersfield we went at it on the freeway and at first he took me but when i hit full boost and the second turbo came in it was all over from there. I got him by about 5 cars to atleast I saw his headlights pretty far back in the rear view. We hit about 155 mph and he stopped talking all his shit. I think it comes with 380 HP and it had the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. so it can be done.
400HP stock...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
normal bpu? i would say race gas and 20-21lbs and you should be even or maybe pull him slightly...you add an fmic, fuel controller, maybe some cam gears...and you should get him by a few cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts