Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a supra at the track event I went to yesterday. Was an mk4 model auto, with a single turbo, fmic, bov, boost controller, and im sure exhaust. Any mods above this I don't know, he was trapping around 117mph.

The skyline had a single turbo conversion, 2.8L stroker kit, custom plenum, 25psi, fmic, full exhaust looked like twin 3" dunno if it was a y-pipe or if he had it seperated after the single turbo or what... Complete cage, slicks etc...

Right Click Save As

·
Registered
139 Posts
LOLOLOLOL, right after you scream ' PWNED' two ladies turned and looked at you .aHAHAHAHAHAH

such enthusiasm. rofl.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That was one fast skyline. Supra look like he was on a stock auto tranny

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do believe he was on a stock auto tranny, he sure doesn't get out of the hole hard at all... It's interesting watching that thing at the track b/c it starts out so rediculously slow and then by the end he's at 117mph and im just like wtf...??? haha ;)

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah, yeah. I may even have another vid of him vs a regular vehicle I will have to look. It looks like grandma leaving the line and it EVENTUALLY gets up and moves.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
must not have that big of a single if he's only trapping 117. i was watchin a bpu++ with a built toyota auto runnin 11.2's with a 75 shot at the supra nationals.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ravan17 said:
skyline is 4wd......supra isnt.......
Good observation. I believe the supra was on street tires also while the skyline had 4 slicks and was roasting them out of the hole.

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
Ravan17 said:
skyline is 4wd......supra isnt.......

BS! SINCE WHEN? All Supras 93.5-2002 had AWD!

Anyways, WTF are you guys talking about 117mph? I just heard 137mph...Also, are we sure it was a GT-R and not a GT-T...I didnt see the front wheels moving at all during the burnout...

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
user123 said:
BS! SINCE WHEN? All Supras 93.5-2002 had AWD!

Anyways, WTF are you guys talking about 117mph? I just heard 137mph...Also, are we sure it was a GT-R and not a GT-T...I didnt see the front wheels moving at all during the burnout...
During launches he would roast all 4. Someone in the bleachers was saying that you can turn off the awd and go rwd b/c that was all he was lighting up in the burnout pit. Like I said he was running 4 slicks. There would be no reason to run 4 slicks if they weren't all there for hooking.

As for the traps, the skyline trapped 137mph that run. I don't know what the supra trapped on that run but he had been doing 117mph +/- 2mph most the night.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Fuck AWD. I don't race in the snow. The Skyline had more power than the Supra. Period.

Want to smoke an AWD car at the track? Run slicks. Duh.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Internexus said:
I do believe he was on a stock auto tranny, he sure doesn't get out of the hole hard at all... It's interesting watching that thing at the track b/c it starts out so rediculously slow and then by the end he's at 117mph and im just like wtf...??? haha ;)
Ok jackass heres the deal. The supra is mine, it a 94 single turbo auto. I bought the car NOT running a month ago and this was the first time at the track with it. I ended up going 12.20 @118 with a 2.09 60 ft. It still has the stock fuel system and an AEM that I am tuning myself so I wasnt looking to set any records the first time out.
I sold my talon that was the fastest street driven import in Kansas to start on this project. I ran 9.90 @ 142 with it and this car will be faster before the end of the summer.
Where was your car??? You seem to think its a big deal that the skyline was faster than the supra, it was, big deal. I only wish he would have come around last year and I would have shown him another fast AWD car.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TALON said:
Ok jackass heres the deal. The supra is mine, it a 94 single turbo auto. I bought the car NOT running a month ago and this was the first time at the track with it. I ended up going 12.20 @118 with a 2.09 60 ft. It still has the stock fuel system and an AEM that I am tuning myself so I wasnt looking to set any records the first time out.
I sold my talon that was the fastest street driven import in Kansas to start on this project. I ran 9.90 @ 142 with it and this car will be faster before the end of the summer.
Where was your car??? You seem to think its a big deal that the skyline was faster than the supra, it was, big deal. I only wish he would have come around last year and I would have shown him another fast AWD car.

What's your problem? I didn't post this vid to start shit. I was just posting a vid of a race with a supra. It was the only race I caught you with so what's the big deal? I wasn't trying to compare apples to apples or anything, which is why I specified the OBVIOUSLY differences in mods etc. Your talon you speak of a champagne color? Brett Burch??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts