Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they exist, they are rare though. I think they are mostly R33's that come N/a. But i am still curious as to which will win overall. My friend believes he can beat most supra's he comes across when he is driving his skyline and also believes that supras are not all that fast. So if anyone can answer my question :). Thanks.

· Registered
164 Posts
i have an N/A supra and when it was completely stock i raced my mate with an r33 rwd skyline(there are quite a few of these in australia) with exhaust and after market intake .. we did a rolling race from 60 on and i won then a race from a set of light and i pulled in him and thort he wasnt giving it (but after the race he said he was but my supra was pulling on him easily) then we did a rolling start and his gearbox blew.. goes to say alot for skyline reliability

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
The contenders:

1996 Nissan Skyline GTS25 S (Coupe, RWD)

Weight: 2904 lbs (2992 for Sedans)
HP: 187.4
P/W: 15.496
Final Drive: Most likely slightly less, I can’t find gear ratios for this car.

1993.5 Toyota Supra (NA, USDM, RWD, Hardtop)

Weight: 3215lbs (3275 for Targa)
HP: 220
P/W: 14.614
Final Drive: Advantage due to the 4.27 final drive gearing.

Pretty much a drivers race, but I all things being equal, the Supra most likely has an advantage on gearing and power.

· Wingless FTW
2,432 Posts
When my Supra was N/A, I raced and LOST to a Pontiac Grand Prix (base model - not GTP). So yeah... N/A Supras are pretty slow. Dunno about your Supra vs. Skyline question though.

· Registered
86 Posts
maybe this is a question for mythbusters....lol

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
I seriously doubt it’s a base model, the GTP in it’s stock form can barely break 15’s. Of course, there is a GXP model…………….

Base Prix = 200 Hp and a curb weight well North of 3,400. With an auto tranny, they are quite far from winning a race in it’s stock form.

· Wingless FTW
2,432 Posts
I seriously doubt it’s a base model, the GTP in it’s stock form can barely break 15’s. Of course, there is a GXP model…………….

Base Prix = 200 Hp and a curb weight well North of 3,400. With an auto tranny, they are quite far from winning a race in it’s stock form.
Well this was back in high school (9 years ago), so I suppose it's possible that I was mistaken on the model. Regardless, it was from a standstill and I couldn't beat him. Raced him twice in a deserted parking lot.

Edit: Maybe I suck at driving?

· Exiled Supra Owner
3,986 Posts
Well this was back in high school (9 years ago), so I suppose it's possible that I was mistaken on the model. Regardless, it was from a standstill and I couldn't beat him. Raced him twice in a deserted parking lot.

Edit: Maybe I suck at driving?
In street or at a drag strip, if you don’t have a good reaction time and 60’, don’t expect to win against cars that are slightly faster or slower than you.

· You know I'm retarded...
3,548 Posts
was....every seconds of everyday. This is not new at all, well at least not for me.

· Registered
1,098 Posts
There are more NA skylines than are turbo skylines. That said all r32/33/34 are SLOW except for the GTR's
My stock NA MKIV ran 14.80's and as well as 3 other local to me but not one stock R32/33/34 GST (these are the turbo Skylines) has none better than a 15.10. Not one, and there are lots of em here. Stock GTR's will do 12 with a half decent driver. The NA Skylines are slow as snot 17 sec cars at best.
BTW most Skylines are RWD only the GTR and a limited number od RB20 GTS's are AWD

· You know I'm retarded...
3,548 Posts
nasoup - isn't it only GTR is AWD? (as the Option Video and Rev (Skylines) book).

As for N/A and RWD (Skyline N/A GTS only), Supra will take the stand.

For N/A Supra vs Skyline GTS-T (Turbo RWD), Skyline.

For N/A Supra VS Skyline GTR(AWD TwinTurbo), Skyline take it.

For Supra TwinTurbo(RWD) VS Skyline GTR(AWD TwinTurbo), for some reason both however higher % is goes to Skylines. 55/45. Skyline takes the win.

IF Supra TwinTurbo in AWD VS Skyline GTR(AWD TwinTurbo), now we're talking!! That's what I'm waiting for........I will go for SupraAWD all the way.

These are my opinion as what I see. Everyone has great point here and different sights to see.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.