Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tonight while driving home on north bound sunrise I see a Red Supra. I caught up to him and we went at it from a 60mph roll. He jumped like a foot or two but then I started to pull slowly one him. The last thing I remember was that I was like almost a car length ahead of him before he let off. We ended up pulling over at a McDonalds and checked each other Supras out.

His specs are--1994 Red 6spd, hks carbon fiber exhaust, downpipe, and a air filter.

My specs are--1997 Black auto, thermal exhaust, greddy profecB spec2 ebc,Greddy bcc, and a untuned s-afc2 that.

He told me that he was hitting fuel cut at 16psi. I was only at 12psi or 13psi due to the fact that I can't reach the 1st bar. It was a good race and he was a cool guy.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
13psi and 16 psi?? Seriously you both need to turn up the boost before you start losing races and giving supras a bad name.

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike - People like you give Supra owners a bad name just talken smack. He just got the car and he was telling me that he is gonna get a bcc. For myself my downpipe is not on yet and that is why Im only at 13psi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i wouldnt say he gives supra owners a bad name, he's just telling the truth. if someone pulls up to you in a rice mobile and ate you alive wouldnt you feel kinda bad about it?

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
SOLO Z said:
i wouldnt say he gives supra owners a bad name, he's just telling the truth. if someone pulls up to you in a rice mobile and ate you alive wouldnt you feel kinda bad about it?
Impossible.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Impossible:D
My downpipe is gonna be on soon. And then 18psi, hear I come.
But if that ricer is running like 12's then shit maybe I would feel like shit. On the other hand I won't because I haven't seen a street daily driven import faster then 14's in the Sacramento/Citrus Heights area.

3,796 Posts
Does it really bruise your ego's that bad when you lose? I mean c'mon....its for fun...he didnt throw money down on it so who cares if you get beat by a faster car. Everybody loses.

Anyways..nice kill!! How much boost do mkivs run stock?

·
Registered
92 Posts
You saw me, I think it was on hazel, you were going over the bridge towards the freeway, and I was going the other direction. I think that was you, had a little front lip on your car it looked like. Well, I'm street driven 12 second import :) And on November 18th hopefully an 11 second street driven import, will have pulleys, cam gears, and an safc2 installed and tuned that day.

I run .95 bar or so around town which gets me [email protected] When I need to race, I can either switch to about 1.15bar, or if I've got 100 octane I just let it boost till it can't boost anymore, somewhere around 1.25-1.30 bar which nets me mid 12's at 115mph.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know who your talken to bud. My Supra doesn't have a lip.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmm, must have been a different supra...were you on hazel just a day or 2 ago? I'm always on sunrise, san juan, winding way, etc... I have a Red 1996 TT Supra.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does your Supra have a veildside front and you work at lowe's?

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
JHSPayBar said:
You saw me, I think it was on hazel, you were going over the bridge towards the freeway, and I was going the other direction. I think that was you, had a little front lip on your car it looked like. Well, I'm street driven 12 second import :) And on November 18th hopefully an 11 second street driven import, will have pulleys, cam gears, and an safc2 installed and tuned that day.

I run .95 bar or so around town which gets me [email protected] When I need to race, I can either switch to about 1.15bar, or if I've got 100 octane I just let it boost till it can't boost anymore, somewhere around 1.25-1.30 bar which nets me mid 12's at 115mph.
That's pretty quick for a stock MKIV. :cool:
Maybe I'll see you soon. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JHSPayBar
You saw me, I think it was on hazel, you were going over the bridge towards the freeway, and I was going the other direction. I think that was you, had a little front lip on your car it looked like. Well, I'm street driven 12 second import And on November 18th hopefully an 11 second street driven import, will have pulleys, cam gears, and an safc2 installed and tuned that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty quick for a stock MKIV.
Maybe I'll see you soon.

I haven't heard of a stock mkiv that fast yet. Without a dp or exhuast I don't see how you can boost so high. And I see alot of people guessing what they would run and when they do run it its always different. But good luck when you do go to the track.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have an RMM catless DP and an exhaust as well as the avc-r. My cam gears and pulleys just got into town, so that should be fun once I get them on :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts