Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Not so fast!
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had some fun earlier today on the road right before sunrise. Onthe freeway, get fly-by'd by a silver uglified WRX (read: '06+), so I catch up and line up with him at about 90 - and we race. He kinda basically walks away but backs off at one point (two cars blocking both lanes - the rest of the time we were weaving lanes like crazy) and I'm able to pass him at 115 - he walks past me again at 140 and I let off...

We both slow down, but he slows down to 85 and I slow down to 65... 5 minutes later, he's on the side of the road with a State trooper giving him a summons.

Made my day. :bigthumb: But damn that was close! :ugh2:

p.s. not bad for a stock 7M-GE eh? I thought the lighter, more powerful Impreza woulda dusted me. not nessecarily the case. She hung on pretty well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
its kids like this one that have caused car manufactures to discontinue
car models due to their inability to make rational decisions. they go out on the roads and highways acting like total jackasses and end up hurting or killing people or themselves.

·
Not so fast!
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I kinda need to grow up, I just wasn't too happy with the Rex at the moment because of how close he was when he did the fly-by. >< Almost took out my mirror and fenders and who-knows-what.

But yea I shouldn't do that. I just laughed for the fact I went down tot he limit and he kept flying, get pulled over. Good shit XD

·
776 Posts
Midnight Dorifuta said:
Yea I kinda need to grow up, I just wasn't too happy with the Rex at the moment because of how close he was when he did the fly-by. >< Almost took out my mirror and fenders and who-knows-what.
And you still wanted to race him? I almost got hit today by people racing on the freeway, weaving through traffic. Racing is a decision to risk your own vehicle and self but don't risk others. Keep it safe.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Sorry this is a street racing forum and I happen to disagree with the people who are commenting negatively about this race. I agree keep it safe, but if you don't agree/care for street racing, I'd advise picking general supra forum or off topic.

·
776 Posts
braddman said:
Sorry this is a street racing forum and I happen to disagree with the people who are commenting negatively about this race. I agree keep it safe, but if you don't agree/care for street racing, I'd advise picking general supra forum or off topic.
Brad, I am sorry but I have to disagree. I am probably guilty in the past of some reckless driving, but now if I race, I make sure there are no cars near us. Weaving through traffic is totally unacceptable, especially with the other driver being reckless like the one in the WRX. People frequently change multiple lanes without checking blind spots, brake for no apparent reason, etc. There is no way someone can anticipate any things listed above.

Anyways, I like a good kill story as much as the next guy but keep it "safe".

·
Banned
230 Posts
David S said:
Brad, I am sorry but I have to disagree. I am probably guilty in the past of some reckless driving, but now if I race, I make sure there are no cars near us. Weaving through traffic is totally unacceptable, especially with the other driver being reckless like the one in the WRX. People frequently change multiple lanes without checking blind spots, brake for no apparent reason, etc. There is no way someone can anticipate any things listed above.

Anyways, I like a good kill story as much as the next guy but keep it "safe".

quoted for truth

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
No street racing is safe. End of story, agree or disagree all you want. If you don't agree with it my advice is probably don't read a street racing forum. It exists for the reason that the man who started the thread wanted, to post his kill story. I am not wrong about that aspect.

·
776 Posts
When I refer to "safe", I am referring to the other drivers on the street. When you race, you and the other driver are knowingly putting yourself at risk, but we should not risk innocent drivers on the street by weaving through traffic. Racing is inherently dangerous but let it be unsafe to you and the other driver ONLY.

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
Now if you were drifting in and out of traffic, then I would have been impressed. :rolleyes:

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
so where were you from the wrx?

·
Banned
224 Posts
Bumpin' Yota said:
dood, he specifically said he and this other guy were weaving through traffic. Tell me how thats "keeping it safe"?!?
yeah i am guilty of reckless driving but i have more respect for the supra the mkiv then any other car i owned i have a accord i use t cut up in and i had a trans am i use to cut up in to. had my licnese suspeneded 5 times and im only 18 but i am carefull in the supra i have loved them since they came out and never dreamed i own one before i turn 20

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.