Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra vs. WRX - not killed, but pwnt

1K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  David S 
#1 · (Edited)
Had some fun earlier today on the road right before sunrise. Onthe freeway, get fly-by'd by a silver uglified WRX (read: '06+), so I catch up and line up with him at about 90 - and we race. He kinda basically walks away but backs off at one point (two cars blocking both lanes - the rest of the time we were weaving lanes like crazy) and I'm able to pass him at 115 - he walks past me again at 140 and I let off...

We both slow down, but he slows down to 85 and I slow down to 65... 5 minutes later, he's on the side of the road with a State trooper giving him a summons.

Made my day. :bigthumb: But damn that was close! :ugh2:

p.s. not bad for a stock 7M-GE eh? I thought the lighter, more powerful Impreza woulda dusted me. not nessecarily the case. She hung on pretty well.

#6 ·
Yea I kinda need to grow up, I just wasn't too happy with the Rex at the moment because of how close he was when he did the fly-by. >< Almost took out my mirror and fenders and who-knows-what.

But yea I shouldn't do that. I just laughed for the fact I went down tot he limit and he kept flying, get pulled over. Good shit XD

#9 ·
Midnight Dorifuta said:
Yea I kinda need to grow up, I just wasn't too happy with the Rex at the moment because of how close he was when he did the fly-by. >< Almost took out my mirror and fenders and who-knows-what.
And you still wanted to race him? I almost got hit today by people racing on the freeway, weaving through traffic. Racing is a decision to risk your own vehicle and self but don't risk others. Keep it safe.

#12 · (Edited)
braddman said:
Sorry this is a street racing forum and I happen to disagree with the people who are commenting negatively about this race. I agree keep it safe, but if you don't agree/care for street racing, I'd advise picking general supra forum or off topic.
Brad, I am sorry but I have to disagree. I am probably guilty in the past of some reckless driving, but now if I race, I make sure there are no cars near us. Weaving through traffic is totally unacceptable, especially with the other driver being reckless like the one in the WRX. People frequently change multiple lanes without checking blind spots, brake for no apparent reason, etc. There is no way someone can anticipate any things listed above.

Anyways, I like a good kill story as much as the next guy but keep it "safe".

#13 ·
David S said:
Brad, I am sorry but I have to disagree. I am probably guilty in the past of some reckless driving, but now if I race, I make sure there are no cars near us. Weaving through traffic is totally unacceptable, especially with the other driver being reckless like the one in the WRX. People frequently change multiple lanes without checking blind spots, brake for no apparent reason, etc. There is no way someone can anticipate any things listed above.

Anyways, I like a good kill story as much as the next guy but keep it "safe".

quoted for truth

#14 ·
No street racing is safe. End of story, agree or disagree all you want. If you don't agree with it my advice is probably don't read a street racing forum. It exists for the reason that the man who started the thread wanted, to post his kill story. I am not wrong about that aspect.

#15 ·
When I refer to "safe", I am referring to the other drivers on the street. When you race, you and the other driver are knowingly putting yourself at risk, but we should not risk innocent drivers on the street by weaving through traffic. Racing is inherently dangerous but let it be unsafe to you and the other driver ONLY.

#19 ·
Bumpin' Yota said:
dood, he specifically said he and this other guy were weaving through traffic. Tell me how thats "keeping it safe"?!?
yeah i am guilty of reckless driving but i have more respect for the supra the mkiv then any other car i owned i have a accord i use t cut up in and i had a trans am i use to cut up in to. had my licnese suspeneded 5 times and im only 18 but i am carefull in the supra i have loved them since they came out and never dreamed i own one before i turn 20

#21 ·
Codys 93 NAT said:
yeah i am guilty of reckless driving but i have more respect for the supra the mkiv then any other car i owned i have a accord i use t cut up in and i had a trans am i use to cut up in to. had my licnese suspeneded 5 times and im only 18 but i am carefull in the supra i have loved them since they came out and never dreamed i own one before i turn 20
You shouldn't be aloud to drive :gaysex:

#22 ·
Street racing is reckless driving. and everybody here is bashing him i would think because he is only 17. not like they werent doing the same shit at that age i know i was but only a few times then crashed my beloved 81' on a backroad. and im more careful now. just let him crash once he'll learn im guessing thats how alot of people here and everywhere else have learned. i know i did.

#23 ·
David S said:
When I refer to "safe", I am referring to the other drivers on the street. When you race, you and the other driver are knowingly putting yourself at risk, but we should not risk innocent drivers on the street by weaving through traffic. Racing is inherently dangerous but let it be unsafe to you and the other driver ONLY.
Have you ever ran into an 03 slowbra going north on the 805-5 merge? The Supra (beast) was red, never found out who owned it though...

#25 ·
Brad, you've missed the entire point.

No one is saying street racing is right or wrong.

What they are saying is endangering other peoples lives around you that are not involved in the race at all, say the mother driving her kid to school in the Mini Cooper, is.

It's one thing to accept the risk of getting caught, having an accident or dying from street racing against someone else on an open stretch of road, it is totally another to weave in and out of traffic while racing.

#26 · (Edited)
05STi said:
Originally Posted by Codys 93 NAT said:
You shouldn't be allowed to drive :gaysex:
x2!!

Supra_Z said:
Street racing is reckless driving. and everybody here is bashing him i would think because he is only 17. not like they werent doing the same shit at that age i know i was but only a few times then crashed my beloved 81' on a backroad. and im more careful now. just let him crash once he'll learn im guessing thats how alot of people here and everywhere else have learned. i know i did.
Wanna bet?! In over a decade's worth of driving experience I have NEVER done that crap. Just becuase you were a moron at 17 doesnt mean everyone else was! And this behaviour is EXACTLY why the driving age needs to be moved up to 21.

It is one thing to race on an open road, it is something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT to endanger HUNDEREDS of other people's lives by weaving through highway traffic at high speeds!

You wipe out on the former only you die. You wipe out on the latter you and a lot of others die.

URNDWAY said:
Brad, you've missed the entire point.

No one is saying street racing is right or wrong.

What they are saying is endangering other peoples lives around you that are not involved in the race at all, say the mother driving her kid to school in the Mini Cooper, is.

It's one thing to accept the risk of getting caught, having an accident or dying from street racing against someone else on an open stretch of road, it is totally another to weave in and out of traffic while racing.
x2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.