Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight can be yanked from a supra? Back seats? spare tire and jack?? where is weight reduction comming from? there must be SOME way to make them lighter... anyone know the weight differing from FMIC+Big single VS stock twins and Side mount?
thanks
d.

·
0 Posts
your going to need all the weight to hold the car down, if your putting serious power down.

2 RIP

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Rip out the HVAC system and save 80+lbs...but no a/c...grr...

Jay

·
3,148 Posts
Dry cell battery, race seats, and remove all the rear seat belt hardware. This and the all the things you already mentioned should be worth over 100lbs. You could also do a carbon fiber hood, but it's probably only worth 15lbs.

Later, Steve

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Go on a diet, fat ass. LOL, just kidding. I ripped out my factory seats and putting light weight ones in. Axed the rear seatbelt hardware (Steve wasn't kidding, that stuff was heavy). Then get rid of spare tire and some other stuff.

You can also save a good 35-40 lbs by getting rid of your cats - those fockers are heavy!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just some numbers to think about. I weighed the leahter back seat in my '94 Supra and it was about 26 lbs total (top and bottom) , passenger seat was 39 lbs and power driver seat was 49 lbs. I didn't know the rear belt hardware was heavy. Lose the spare and jack. Throw in some light weight seats. Like Steve said when you add it up you can probably trim 100lbs off without losing too much daily driver capability. Of course the back seat would be pretty useless and if you blew a tire out you would be SOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts