Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a 2001 Acura Integra Type R, the reason I first bought the car is because I planned to race auto-x and track events. However I became
more involved in drag racing. So I am going to sell the R and get a Supra. I got the opportunity to drive a Supra TT at a local dealership and I loved every minute of it. I am thinking of spending between 25k-30k. What would you guys recommend in terms of years and what to look out for. Also Supra's: Reliability, General maintenance cost, etc. I have never owned a turbo car, I need to know what to expect. Thanks for any info you can give me.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im feelin the same way. I've had my 2000 prelude for a year. I've been prepping it for turbo, but im about ready to sell it, and move up the food chain. i need rear wheel turbo.

·
BLWRDR
563 Posts
the first thing that would probably go is the turbos other than that the rest are pretty strong...(bullet Proof) if you do NOS i dont know what will go first

·
Registered
9 Posts
25k-30k is plenty for a nice mkiv tt. If you're like me and love to work on cars, I recommend getting a stock or near stock 93-95 mkiv tt. They're easier to mods and worth modding because they're not too 'new' like the 97-98 mkiv. With the amount of $$ you save by getting a 93-95..you can use it toward upgrades like intake, exhaust, boost control..basic performance upgrade(bpu) or even built a single turbo. About turbo cars, you can not neglect them like natural aspirated. This includes building patient...you can't just start the car..drive it..then shut it off. They require good warm up and proper shut down for the turbo longevity. Maintenance is on a monthly basis. This includes oil change every 2500miles as well as incheck with other fluids ...trans...break...differential..coolant. There's a lot of fun but there's also a lot of work if you're a doityourselfer. Besides from enjoying all the azz kickin with the car, sometimes I find myself working under the car with a flood light around 2 in the morning and loving it. I'm now at BPU+ and I've done all the mods myself. But if you're the kind that doesn't want to get your hands dirty..I wouldn't recommend gettin any turbo cars...especially a mkiv tt. Hope this help...

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts