Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the beginning stages of refinishing my wheels to go back on the car as the PO had installed aftermarket wheels which I'm not a fan of.

The main question I had is notice in the center area behind the center cap. 3 of the 4 wheels are reinforced in that area between the lug nuts except one wheel, its completely smooth. Any idea why this is? They have the same markings on them as the other 3 wheels and this is the only difference. I wonder if the PO had one damaged and needed to purchase a new one which the design had changed some? That's the only thing I can think of.

Additionally, I will search for this but I'm missing one center cap? I noticed they are plastic. Are these easy to come by and if so, where is the best place to find them. And, has anyone ever made a metal one instead?

Thanks for any help!!

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Alloy wheel

· Registered
353 Posts
I see this every once in a while where one wheel is mismatched.

It is quite possible one of the wheels was damaged and a replacement was sourced. The reinforced center area wheels came on 93-96 TT supras while the non reinforced center one is from a 97-98 supra (at least for the US market)

I was in the exact same situation when i purchased a second hand set of TT wheels to replace my Fatory 16in wheels.

Luckily I was able to source another one so all mine match and wound up selling the wheel to someone who had a damaged wheel making their set mismatched lol

As for the center caps they dont seem to hard to come by used, additionally I believe they are still available new from Toyota but cost a decent amount.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So to clarify it was for a newer car (mine is a 94') and could've been either Turbo or Non-turbo or only "non-turbo" models? Just making sure its strong enough. I don't care particularly if it's just as strong or just a newer design as you can't see that behind the center cap anyways. Thanks again for the insight!!

· Administrator
11,408 Posts
So to clarify it was for a newer car (mine is a 94') and could've been either Turbo or Non-turbo or only "non-turbo" models? Just making sure its strong enough. I don't care particularly if it's just as strong or just a newer design as you can't see that behind the center cap anyways. Thanks again for the insight!!
its a factory wheel, its not some cheap copy you'll be fine.

· Administrator
11,408 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts