Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all are familiar with quick Supras running two small turbos, and huge HP Supras running a single large turbo. Why not combine the best of both worlds . . . a Supra running two large turbos . . . Twin GT40s.

Below are photos of a Supra that will be hitting the road in about a month. It will be running twin GT40s (with the largest internals available for the GT40). It will also have a myriad of custom and unique components, both inside the engine and out. This car is going to be other-worldly.

996TTx50

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
Looks familiar ;)

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
there better be some compression bump or some more cubes...otherwise it will be lag city...population you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
user123 said:
there better be some compression bump or some more cubes...otherwise it will be lag city...population you.
I am not at libertity to disclose these details, although I can assure you that every angle has been carefully considered.

996TTx50

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Subscribing!

·
Registered
391 Posts
cherzra said:
Subscribing!
yeah me too, that looks like a badass setup! :faint: keep us updated!

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
craigdt said:
Is it possible that I smell a custom sequential setup here?
Highly doubt it

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I'm guessing thats a Trust(GReddy) 5row intercooler? Why not just go water to air?

EDIT: nvm.

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
LAG!

Big twins has been done before... A single has been proven to be more efficient for our little inline 6 engine. nonless it's badass just looking at it...

good luck with your project

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Craig, that's a nice show setup, but it's not going to make more power than a GT47-80 or 47-88 and it's going to just produce more lag and heat than anything. This has been done before many times.

Thats 2 huge turbos with half the volume of exhaust to spool each one. 3 cylinders, 1.5 liters per GT40= Lag.

The internals of those turbos are probably 80-88mm on the inducer and the exhaust A/R is in the 1.06 range from what I looked up. Too big for a twin setup.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
996TTx50 said:
We all are familiar with quick Supras running two small turbos, and huge HP Supras running a single large turbo. Why not combine the best of both worlds . . . a Supra running two large turbos . . . Twin GT40s.

996TTx50
your logic is flawed here.

the reason why the supra wit 2 turbos spools so quick is because the turbos are the size of my fist. 2 large turbo wont have jack shit in common with it.

The best of both worlds, would be a bi-turbo setup, or a seqential system.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts