Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Universal Ambassador ^*^
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, if someone could please help that would be great. I just installed a high output 160 amp alternator cause the other one was going out and it was at 10.6 volts. So my new alternator is now pushing 14.47 volts. My battery is a optima yellow gel cap and is also working fine pushing 12.4 volts. I seem to be very confused on whats going on. I have to jump it every time and even when I turn the car off and wait 5 minutes, it wont even start again, i have to jump it. I have no leaks and there is no smoke. I have an intake walbro 255 pump with 720cc injectors. Hks twin feed fuel rail and fuel regulator. Thats my fuel set-up incase there might be a problem there, but i just cant seem to understand why the car wont even start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Electrical problems can be very difficult to diagnose. Sounds like you may possibly have a short and something is draining your battery. To check this you can disconnect your positive battery terminal and grab a multimeter that reads amps and hook it up between the pos. battery lead and the pos. battery post. Turn off everything on the car (as if you were to leave it parked). See how many amps reading you get. If it reads high then start pulling fuses till it drops. That's just to help you isolate the electrical problem to a area, then go from there. Multimeter is your friend.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts