Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, the Supra was broken into and now after 6+ months I am trying to get her started. I reconnected the battery and it cranks but doesn't run. I am guessing it just has to do with the car sitting for that long that there is no fuel in the lines, but what should I be careful about and what can I do to get it to start? Thanks

·
JDM Driver
‘95 Supra 6sp Hardtop
345 Posts
Did you put in fresh fuel before starting? Did the car sit 6+ months with fuel in it? My car sat for about 6 months too and the fuel in her became gunky and thick. We had to replace the fuel lines since they were partially clogged up and we also ended up replace the fuel pump. Also, I would check all fluid levels and the spark plugs as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i am really worried about the fuel/system. I don't have the fuse box cover, can someone tell me which one the EFI fuse is?

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
You know, 6 months of sitting is nothing. In the northern parts of the country, where we get snow and put the Supras away for the winter, our cars sit 6 months, or even more, depending on weather. I know fuel starts going bad in a short while, but in my opinion 6 months is not long enough for it to start getting jell-like.

I think your problem lies elsewhere. Did the dirty, no good, scum sucking, bottom feeding, low down, hot steaming piles of buffalo pucky do anything with the electrical system on your car? Like remove a turbo timer, boost controller, stereo, piggy-back computer system, or something critical to your car? Maybe they tried hot wiring it and now you have some cut wires?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did, mostly with the alarm system but I troubleshooted it and fixed that. From what I've seen so far the only electronic they took was my racing monitor. But you're right they cold have tried hot wirirg it so I'll check on that. The "!" was lit up so I am gonna try and pull codes to see whats up with that.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
If you have your door open, the \!/ will be lit up too. You might have just had the door open while trying to start the car?

Based on what you said, I'm almost betting you have an electrical problem. Cars don't loose fuel their prime from sitting 6 months. I don't remember looking for one on my Supra, but most fuel rails have a bleeder, don't they? You could check for some fuel pressure there. Just be careful cracking it open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts