Supra Forums banner

SupraNick's Vegas 2K3 "Burrito Wrap": The Sequal!!!!

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Mani 
#1 · (Edited)
SupraNick's Vegas 2K3 "Burrito Wrap Up": The Sequal!!!!

Im back!!!!

Was VERY last ... hour decision to go! Thanx to the "Dark Galaxy"! who also went by giving me a ride the entire way there! :cool:

Show and Shine Day:

Got to the Luxor at around 5am and roomed with Jason Moorman and his buddy Jeff! as soon as i got in the "HOE"tel lobby i was greeted by a couple Hoe's! :D Both telling me i looked tired and needed some "attention"! haha! well i was tired and my head needed a pillows attention! so i blew off the hookers! haha!!

about an hour sleep and i hit the show and shine! walking over the luxor tunnel i though i saw a NICE and VERY familiar Supra... sure enough... it was ULTRA7M's from SupraForums! :eek: (Silver MKIII with SICKASS ENGINE BAY!!)

Show and Shine was not as big as last years infortunatly! but met soem new faces! even met up with one of the guys from Texas that i hung out with for a full day and night when i visited San Antonio last Xmas! :cool:

Didnt stick around for the awards, but pretty sure Ultra7M swept the MKIII class! :rolleyes:

Went back to the room and snoozed then awoke to watcnb the News and saw Roy from "Siegfried and Roy", was mauled by one of the tigers! Crazy Stuff! Later that night met up with the MKIII SoCal crew. all went to the Boardwalk buffet and then walked the entire damn strip! i made $80 at the Roulette table at Paris, but then seemed to lose my luck as soon as one of my SoCal brothers sat down and played next to me! :p ended up leaving Vegas $35 poorer! :rolleyes: arrived back at Luxor around 6am!

Drag Day:

Grabbed some brews and headed to the track courtesy of Jason! :D Sadly not many MKIII's were running! plenty of quik MKIV's though this year! thank god no accidents and no BIG problems! One guy from New Mexico aka Chris had a black MKIII whom i had met at last years Vegas meet and remmebered him having EVERYTHING but a upgraded turbo! well, this year he showed with a T61 and was spraying! he had slicks, but there was an issue with the lug nuts not tightening the wheels on all the way or something! so he had to run his street tires and of course had problems hooking up!

Also a team no one seemed to knwo of called "Virtual Works" showed up with their White MKIV (put ~860rwhp @ the Dyno) that lost to Titan at the end by only two tenths of a second and 16mph! WITHOUT nitrous! very impresssive car!

The Supra Drags ended early, but a few of us SoCalers stayed late and got lucky enough to film some of Vegas' stunt bikers doing some CRAZY stuff on ther bikes! and i got it all on tape! :cool:

afterwards went back to the strip for some food with twqo SoCal guys. While in the Soarer Darian and i were filming random stuff, and all i have to say is... if u put a camera on any girl on the Vegas strip u will see some WILD stuff! :eek: one girl hung out of her car and with her mouth showed us how a dildo could dissapear!!! :D LOL! got back to the room around 4am!

Dyno day:

go to the Dyno around noon, and with the little film i had left i got Ryan's 1J and Chris' T61 7M pulls! Ryan layed down i think 293RWHP! Chris layed down 461RWHP spraying! and then i was lucky enough to get a ride! wasnt expecting him to spray on the ride but when he said... "Lets turn on the juice!" , i grabbed the "oh shit" handle and was ready for lift off! WOW!! what a feeling!! 20psi and a healthy shot of NOS!! :eek: :D still have a smile on my face from that ride! Though his car is totally untuned and has only had the turbo on the car for a little over a week! we can expect to see numbers well over 500RWHP once tuned! :cool: Look out for him on 7MPower.com!

All's said and done and im back home! There's LOTS i didnt mention though! mainly cause im beat and cant remember! or i was just too F***** up! ::)

here are some pics to sum up what happened! BTW... i have maybe about 1 hour of stuff i got on film! hopefully this year i WILL put togetehr a Vegas Video!

EDIT: dont ask... i DID not take my car! Though the fuel issue has been found! :D leaky AFPR fitting at WOT!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
IF REQUESTED I HAVE ALL THE FOLLOWING PICS IN WALLPAPER SIZE!

and yes i messed with the "special" camera filter! :p :D

Ultra 7M's ride...

These pictures in NO WAY pickup the incredible detail ALL OVER THE CAR! the underside is just as shocking and amazing!

Bob Sully's MKII....

ABFLUG kit with VVTI and upgraded Twinz!

turnout wasnt as big as last years....

Mani's car...

Hooking UP!!

(left to right)Me, Darian and Justin...

Chris with his Dyno award...

Ryan's 1JZ coming home to SoCal...

Jose on the way back to SoCal as well with his Soapra...

Chris from SoCal parked outside a Bar in Baker! Cocktails anyone?! ;) ...

#3 ·
Damn dude seemed like fun, to bad none of the Bay Area Supra guys went from NorCal... it was either we had money problems or other problems that everyone backed out at the last minute :( aight peace

G
#9 ·
Damn dude, I wish I could have stayed. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Oh well, nobody said that being a single Dad would be easy. Next year I will be there in full effect! All 4 days baby! WITH my car... :D

#12 ·
sourpatchkid said:
All im gettng is RED X's :(

SoCalSupras took a crap today for some reason! as soon as its up the pics will be as well! ;)

#13 ·
BoostAddctn said:
Damn dude seemed like fun, to bad none of the Bay Area Supra guys went from NorCal... it was either we had money problems or other problems that everyone backed out at the last minute :( aight peace
I know what you mean, when I was attending prientation down at San Jose State, they mentioned that the girls should watch out because there was a bunch of sexual harassment that occured last year and I was like, damn, that must be BoostAddctn.

#17 ·
pics are back up....

#18 ·
This is one of the only times when i wish i DIDNT live in Tampa Bay area ;)

Nice shots Nick, top notch! :bigok:

too bad you couldnt take your own car, i was lookin forward to new pics of your ride w/ them ADR's i love so much ;)

#19 ·
Here's a little background to that MKIV that gave the Titan Supra a goor race. I know him from another forum. He lives in Vegas. Also there is a link to the video of the race...enjoy.

The prelude to the story goes like this. Our buddy, his name is Dana, owns a MkIV Supra. This past weekend was the Las Vegas version of Supras invade Las Vegas. Over 250 Supras came to the city for the event, and over 70 showed up for track day. Dana has been hand-crafting this car with the help of two or three of his friends, and one VERY good machine/metal fab. shop called Virtual Works, that he works for. His car is 100% streetable, passes smog in LV, has full interior, no nitrous, Air COnditioning, power steering, the works. He drives his car back and forth to work every day. The Titan Supra - EVERYONE knows about this car, full race car, once upon a time was the fastest street car, now is not a street car. They have mucho money, mucho sponsors, and mucho equipment and mechanics. Dana is just Dana - we eat with the guy - he is an awesome driver, and extremely intelligent. This weekend I think Las Vegas showed not only Titan, and the entire Supra community about (for lack of a better term) "how we do", but a lot of people are going to hear about the awesome show that our track, and our local drivers put on. There is a video here for you guys to watch that tells the whole story. Dana was running REAL fast times all night, faster than Titan, but Titan wouldn't line up against Dana, until the very END of the session, the last race in fact. This built into a climax, and you guys get to watch one of the best staging duels, and best drag races I have seen in a LONG ASS time.

http://www.lvracingscene.com/videos/10-04-03_Dana_vs_Titan_highres.wmv

I think you can right click and save target as and it will be good. Let me know what you guys think!

#20 ·
That Supra has a old school soarer fron on it right?? Pretty sure. The old scholl soarers are almost like the Coupe version of our cars (plus the extra fixed headlights) Cool

Kevin

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.