Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatup everyone, i just moved from the mainland u.s. to guam a couple of weeks ago...i've been looking around and so far, i gotta say i'm kinda disappointed.

-this is one of the only 3 decent ones that i've seen around here, there are definitely more mkiii's around, however most of them are n/a and in very bad conditions. i've seen a black mkiv, the only one i've seen so far, i think it's stock though, and i was far enough that i couldn't tell if it was tt or not. anyways, i told the guy that owns that red mkiii about the site, since i've talked to him, and he seems interested in "upgrading", i don't know if he ever checked the site out, but it seems like he doesn't really know much about his car, i've also looked under the hood, the only thing he got is a fmic, but it looks "locally" made, the thing wasn't petty at all.

- i also have a neighbor right across the street with a white mkiii, no pics yet, and i haven't been close enough either to tell if it's turbo or not, but i need a project car, and if things work out, talk him, or her, into selling me the car, so that 1jz...here i come!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I made a post in the OT about saipan supras. Some people said there were mk4s on guam... or maybe they were talking about mk3s. I have a cousin that said she has a friend on siapan with a mk4. I'll talk to her to see if he still has it there. The friend moved to seattle so she doesn't know if he took it or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet! i'm always down on meetin folks and makin new friends. i haven't seen the black mkiv again lately, but there's been word of an old-school toyota pickup with a 2jz on it, some performance shop's golden child. i'm really consiering getting a loan from my bank once i start my new job, my neighbor's mkiii hasn't even moved ever since i got here, which is more than a month ago. if i get lucky i'll be owning it soon, along with a 1jz on it -hopefully!-lol

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
I wonder how many mk4's there actually are in each country that are still running around. The ones you've seen so far how bad are they in condition? Rusting out, bad bodies? Wow you've been moving around? Your from Manila!! I miss it :crying:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how many mk4's there actually are in each country that are still running around. The ones you've seen so far how bad are they in condition? Rusting out, bad bodies? Wow you've been moving around? Your from Manila!! I miss it :crying:
- over here as far as i know, it's only 1 mkiv, and a bunch of mkiii's, mostly n/a. back in the philippines, there should be a maximum of 6 in the whole country. the only ones iv'e seen so far when i went back home on vacation 2 years ago was a silver one owned by some dude that has a performance shop, a privately owned red wingless one (probably n/a), and a white 94, just like my best friend's. other than that, the only other places as far as i know that definitely has supras are -australia, thailand, malaysia, japan(definitely), and a bunch of arab countries in the middle east, where the rich folks over there ain't got nothing better to do with their money-lol i think they got a website that shows some, top-rpm.com

-and about your last comment, i do miss manila too, i gotta make money though, hopefully one day also add a mkiii and a mkiv to my 80 celica/supra over there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh also, guam's somewhere in the middle of the pacific, flying out of cali, youre gonna pass hawaii first to get here, nice but small, place

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Wow just 6? I saw one N/A going for about 40k USD which is too much for an N/A. But man if I ever go back to the P.I I'll just import mine over, it'll probably be cheaper haha. Anyway how did you find out how many there were at all there? Is there a site that documents importations?

And yeah I understand, gotta move out to make money. Thats what most of my family did, I was born in the U.S. but I love it back there. Kind of funny how I want to go back while everyone wants to leave :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts