Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I may be relocating to Columbus, and I wanted to get a grasp on how strict police are in general with a modified car, emissions requirements/experiences with licensing, and in general, is it a Supra-friendly type of place?

I'm currently badging the car in Washington, soon to be in North Carloina since there are no emissions requirements there for '95 and below, so it's not a big deal, but eventually I think I'll have to comply.

I'm more concerned with things like car theft/crime, harassment from police, overall public feel on the street, so to speak, with regard to modified cars and street racing-esque lifestyles that we all have to some degree (import scene in general)

Can anyone from Ohio or have lived there comment?

Also, what about Dynos, tracks, places to get high-octane fuel/methanol, shops, road/freeway quality, etc?

--ron

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
The police mainly target ricer cars only. I've never had a problem, nor has any other GT car owner around here. No emissions testing in Franklin County or Delaware. As far as crime, if you live down on campus by OSU, the car will get jacked up. Any of the surrounding suburbs are good though.

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
503 Posts
I would say highway cops seem to be a bit more eager to write the tickets.
Maybe my NY experience was just lucky?

G

·
Hua said:
The police mainly target ricer cars only. I've never had a problem, nor has any other GT car owner around here. No emissions testing in Franklin County or Delaware. As far as crime, if you live down on campus by OSU, the car will get jacked up. Any of the surrounding suburbs are good though.
Yeah The cops get off on writing tickets to ricers and the suburbs are a little safer but there are alot of small towns in the area that are known speed traps like powell, sunbury, pataskla , and one of the worst kirkirsville :blast: :madf:
kirkirsville is right on rt40 the speed limit goes 55-35-25 all in about 150 yrds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts