Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why there are so many low mileage supra turbos for less than $10k on yahoo auto? Could there be that many scammers there or could it be 1 scammer posting several supras.
 

·
Supra TT Senior
Joined
·
1,886 Posts
Holy crap single APU supras for under 10 grand. What are you waiting for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Hehe, yeah... I smell a whole lot of BS ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,524 Posts
Yahoo auto is the home to scams.
 

·
mises.org
Joined
·
711 Posts
On the links posted doesnt it say next to PRICE in small letters: (best offered)??
maybe its just the best people HAVE offerd and it aint BS??
what would be the point of just posting some BS on an autos page?
I might be wrong I dunno.

peACE.
 
G

·
Blah said:
On the links posted doesnt it say next to PRICE in small letters: (best offered)??
maybe its just the best people HAVE offerd and it aint BS??
what would be the point of just posting some BS on an autos page?
I might be wrong I dunno.

peACE.
Put this into perspective, you have a 1994 Toyota Supra TT. It has 9700 miles on the odometer and the modifications that go over the charts. Now, the owner wants to sell it for 6,100? Wow talk about BS, you can find a Honda for that much. Blah this is a scam ask any member on this forum.

-Dino
 

·
Supra TT Senior
Joined
·
1,886 Posts
Blah said:
On the links posted doesnt it say next to PRICE in small letters: (best offered)??
maybe its just the best people HAVE offerd and it aint BS??
what would be the point of just posting some BS on an autos page?
I might be wrong I dunno.

peACE.
True. Why dont you offer them their asking price and maybe you will get lucky? Let us know...better yet, PM me and let me know.
 
G

·
s14roller said:
True. Why dont you offer them their asking price and maybe you will get lucky? Let us know...better yet, PM me and let me know.

Hell if those were real I would buy 4 of them then sell of all them for 25K a piece. Then you would be making money :D :wtflol: . P/m me 2 if they give you an asking price and you actually get something out of it.


-Din
 
G

·
MK41DAY said:
^ There's a few on cars.com like that also..haha.

Thanks Nick

Those Idiots waste there time. I mean who's going to sell the Do-Luck sponsored car for $5,000? Theres a couple on there that are like 700hP+ for like $4,000, it makes me laugh because im going to buy a Supra in a year or two and these scams make me laugh :D .

-Dino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
i actually e-mailed one of the sellers on these ads on autotrader... first off it said that they were located in nj, then i got an email back saying it was in the UK... they want your money and then screw you over...
 

·
Bad Texan Boy
Joined
·
4,266 Posts
:kekegay:


Time for lock :lock:
 

·
IJM Mafia!
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
i'm planning on getting a supra in a few years, and why would someone be stupid enough to just buy the car online....wouldn't you want to test drive it first? what if the second turbo isn't working or there are problems with the engine??

EDIT: what i mean is...you look for the car online, then meet the person at their house or wherever, to just give the car a spin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,195 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
i'm planning on getting a supra in a few years, and why would someone be stupid enough to just buy the car online....wouldn't you want to test drive it first? what if the second turbo isn't working or there are problems with the engine??

EDIT: what i mean is...you look for the car online, then meet the person at their house or wherever, the just gieve the car a spin
I've sold quite a few Supras and high end cars and most of them I ship. The buyers usually don't even come look at them. Not everybody has time to fly places to test drive a car or check it out in person.

To prevent being scammed

1. Don't buy a car outside the U.S.
2. If possible buy from a reputable person in the community
3. Have someone on the forums check the car out for you if you are unsure of wether it's legit or not.

Forza,
Kevin
 

·
IJM Mafia!
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
I've sold quite a few Supras and high end cars and most of them I ship. The buyers usually don't even come look at them. Not everybody has time to fly places to test drive a car or check it out in person.

To prevent being scammed

1. Don't buy a car outside the U.S.
2. If possible buy from a reputable person in the community
3. Have someone on the forums check the car out for you if you are unsure of wether it's legit or not.

Forza,
Kevin

# 3 is a really good idea...i didn't even think of that (not being sarcastic, i just think that it is honestly a good idea)

(i always edit almost every post, i'm such a retard)

EDIT: i always thought of just looking for cars in my area...like within 100 miles or so, so i can drive there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,195 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
# 3 is a really good idea...i didn't even think of that (not being sarcastic, i just think that it is honestly a good idea)

(i always edit almost every post, i'm such a retard)

EDIT: i always thought of just looking for cars in my area...like within 100 miles or so, so i can drive there
No problem, I usually have members on here, ferrarichat, or other forums I visit check out any cars that are to far from me. If you have trouble finding people that will check it out for you just let me know, I know someone just about everywhere except Alaska :lol:

Forza,
Kevin
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top