Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Resident Mopar Maniac
173 Posts
The Viper was a vid car, he wasn't trying to beat anything, though he was catching up to everything at the end of the vid. LOL

I posted this vid in another thread awhile back BTW.

T

·
0 Posts
Why is it everytime the loosing car is pulling hard looking like its eventually gonna win, the winning car usually always hits the brakes before he gets passed? If its clear down the road then just keep going IMO.

·
Registered
356 Posts
trans_freakin_am said:
Why is it everytime the loosing car is pulling hard looking like its eventually gonna win, the winning car usually always hits the brakes before he gets passed? If its clear down the road then just keep going IMO.
Well it depends if they are racing 1/8, 1/4 or a mile. Besides the Lightning still have about three cars lead by the time the KMIV hit his brakes. ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll have to say with Lightnings (I've got an '03 with basic bolt ons and a few more things coming for the spring), First, they will beat almost any car off the line on the street. Second, they are fast to a distance, not a speed. I can tell you with my truck, I've gone a best of 12.7 (not fast but respectable for a 4700# truck with <$1000 in mods) but at only 107.5mph, a supra, or viper or any other car that goes 12.7 is probably gonna be on the 115mph range. I know it takes my friends with stock vipers a while to catch me but when they do, they are going 15+mph faster when they pass by.

T

·
0 Posts
that is me in the video. I let off the gas at 110 mph as it is my trap speed. Im in a brick what would be the use of racing to top end. We were trying to do an estimated 1/4 run anyway. Also one of the supras is a single turbo.

·
Registered
829 Posts
One of the supras was single??? Maybe my headphones suck, but you can definitely heard the diff. between a stock turbo'ed supra and a single and I didn't hear it????:scratch: Which one was single?

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
I know all of these guys, the single supra is the one on the right and he put down like less than 320rwhp, not to take anything away from goats truck but neither one of these supras are what you would call a beast. The stats on the single is budget sp57 stock fuel and manual bc running less than 1 bar.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
ive raced lightings before...

only one ive lost to was a black one that showed me his dyno of 702 rwh at 22psi....

but he raced me at 18 and just walked on me...

i put down 358 rwhp at 381 lbs/ft torque

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
edit: ive only raced slightly modified ones from a dead stop... and this guy was from a roll

K

·
0 Posts
the Lightning is the ULTIMATE is truck power....god I love those things. That's the good thing about working at a certified SVT Ford dealership......

And they keep traction really good off the line which is impressive for a RWD vehicle but that's more so a Solid Rear Axel thing.

M

·
0 Posts
Lookie me I'm drivin' a Lightnin'
Yee Haw
im a honkin' tonkin' rootin' tootin' texan yippie kyier

1 - 20 of 27 Posts