Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after 15 years, my supra is only 50k+ miles, and nothing has been done to the engine except a change of filter to K&N drop in. the suspension is fitted with the TRD suspension. its a 1993.5 silver wingless targa top twin turbo. Just wondering what the value is on the street.

oh... and its got TRD strut bar and greddy boost gauge that u can remove if u want to keep it stock looking... nothing has been cut on the dash.

sadly its an auto....didnt the 6 speed on the 93 got recalled?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!! ill look into that

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
No way!...$25k?? Maybe if it was Red. But I wouldn't take anything less than $28k. But I would list for $30k. A low mileage stock supra is hard to find these days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought mine for $27.5k, a 1994 6spd tt with 72,000 miles on it, just to give you a rough approximation of what you could ask (it only had custom hardpipes and an exhaust too). Honestly, with only 50k miles, on an auto, from that year, I would pay close to $28-30k. I figure most prospective buyers aren't looking for a supra to keep stock, so you have to keep in mind that the buyer will want to dump more money, so of course he's going to give you an offer lower than the value. Any more than $30k though and you might get hated on.

bottom line: only consider offers from $25k up, start with an asking price of roughly $28k, I'd say.

·
Registered
401 Posts
beezupra said:
There were no silver 93.5s..... If its re-painted, I'd deduct $3-5k off these price estimates.
Where do you get your info? :lame: No silver 93's... :rolleyes:

I would say 25k is a fair price for buyer and seller. I think you would be hard pressed to get 28k for an auto.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You are unaware of the color production database for the Supra? - I'd save the lame sign for yourself.

Here it is: http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/sales_numbers/color.html

I've never heard of a proven error in this database. I personally would not believe this car is an original 93 silver without seeing photos of the paint color code and a carfax to document the year. If the seller indeed has the world's only original 93 silver perhaps he should add $10k to the price.

·
Registered
401 Posts
beezupra said:
You are unaware of the color production database for the Supra? - I'd save the lame sign for yourself.

I've never heard of a proven error in this database. I personally would not believe this car is an original 93 silver without seeing photos of the paint color code and a carfax to document the year. If the seller indeed has the world's only original 93 silver perhaps he should add $10k to the price.
OMG, thank you Mr. Google, I saw that spreadsheet 8 years. The 93 brochure shows silver as an option so I guess it is up to the owner to let us know the real deal. As for it adding 10k to the price... :lame:

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
beezupra said:

Don't believe everything you read. Or write.
That data was never assumed to be perfect. It's not that hard to check to see if the car is original color.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
True, but don't believe everything you read in a short post from a car owner either. And of course you're right that the owner could readily clear this up, but seems to be absent from the thread he started.

True that there could certainly be an error in that list. But I've owned two silver supras over the past 8 years, been to countless meets and followed for sale ads specifically for silver cars for years, and I have never heard of a single silver '93.

So I would still bet that it is far more likely that the car is not an original 93 silver, than it is that this person owns the rarest year/color combination ever reported.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It would definitely help if the owner mentioned original paint or not. If this is actually true (that the stock color isnt silver), then yea, I'd drop the price to like $24-5k.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts