Supra Forums banner

Suprastore Radiator

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  SlackJawOutlaw 
#1 ·
Anyone on forum have purchased Suprastore's radiator? I'm in the market for an aftermarket radiator as "summer" heat is approaching Hawaii. Want to find out how their radiator compares to known brands. Did search but none came up. Seems like a good deal as kit comes with 1.8 bar cap and silicone upper and lower hoses for all $339. Feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
If you look at the mishimoto hoses or something, they are $100 for the set. The SS hoses included, are the segmented style, which I know to be very good quality.
So effectively, you are paying $239 for a radiator. I also wanted to know if anyone is using it.
I am either buying the SS rad, or the CSF (imo the best quality in the market currently)

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Thats what I thought, the mishi, koyo, cx racing, megan racing, are all "not legit". There are 2-3 general styles and they are all copies of the few different molds (not to rain on anyone parade).
I just figured for the price of a house brand radiator, the suprastore had something going.
I would love for some feedback from users.
Not going to hold my breath. I like Suprastore, but visually it appears to be of the "international" brand.

#6 ·
I wouldn't say Koyo is a "not legit" brand. I am sure Koyo has done some R&D.

However, I have purchased two Mishimoto's and the first one leaked around the neck but was replaced under warranty and the second one has been issue free for 3 years now. I think for a little bit extra dough , the Mishimoto brand is worth it because of their great "unconditional warranty".

#9 · (Edited)
Koyo is now made in China. And I have seen proof with both next to each other, showing a $170 ebay radiator being 99.9% identical to the Mishimoto. I run some Mishimoto products and like their quality, however, it seems radiators are the "gray" zone in the performance community.
However, good to hear about the warranty. At least they back it.
Also they are all legitimate brands, but I am willing to bet that many of the companies use the same core supplier.

Also, SS is promising life time warranty to original owner so I'm assuming they are good quality. If it was crap radiator, I'm sure they wouldn't warrant for lifetime.
I did not see the warranty bit. That alone should make you feel pretty comfortable
So the Mishi and the SS have warranties.
It seems because of the warranty, and hoses, and cap, I would venture to say the SupraStore rad is an amazing deal (given the fin design is good)

#10 ·
A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it. Has anyone on here even tried to get a replacement part under warranty from suprastore?
I thought about Mishimoto but heard many problems with their included cap. So i would have to buy aftermarket cap and also $100+ for set of hoses. It all adds up. If i even just see one positive review from member here regarding SS radiator, I will buy it for value.
The Mishimoto neck design is now fixed and a rad cap is super cheap(around $10). It seems to me that you already made up your mind, so just buy it. If you want to get some reviews on different aftermarket radiators, here is a link:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?689085-Mishimoto-Aluminum-Radiator

#8 · (Edited)
I thought about Mishimoto but heard many problems with their included cap. So i would have to buy aftermarket cap and also $100+ for set of hoses. It all adds up. If i even just see one positive review from member here regarding SS radiator, I will buy it for value.

#15 ·
Yes, it absolutely can. It's nearly identical to the Mishimoto radiator, in fact we have ours built in the same factory except with an upgraded core and our kit includes upper and lower high temperature radiator hoses. We've sold probably 50 around the world in a very short period of time and I'm putting one in my car here shortly as well.

#18 ·
Koyo I purchased a few years back still working flawless without leaks. I thought the Koyos cost a little more $$$ than the Mishimoto? My intention was originally to buy a Fluidyne until I saw the PHR thread on the new ones being garbage.

My old Fluidyne in my mustang was great quality.

#19 ·
Any updates or reviews on the Suprastore rad? It hasnt been that long, but still I am sure someone has it.

The only radiator I currently trust fully with my money is the CSF, which is $290, which is a great price.
I wish PWR still made their radiators for our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.