Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 t78 running 644rwhp no NOS. Does anyone have an idea what i should be running at the track with 555 drag radials on stock 17's. I just finished modding it and due to the weather am unable to track it till next season. Does anyone have an idea im seeing guys running 11.3 with BPU mods so i'm assuming in the 10's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,803 Posts
Really depends on driving skill........also if you are an auto and have a built auto and high stall :D

I'd say low to mid 11s is a good guestimate for you, however I don't have any clue about how you drive......I dunno whether to call you Ryan Woon or Dennis Walsh :cool: :p
 

·
Never enough
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
supraT-78 said:
I have a 94 t78 running 644rwhp no NOS. Does anyone have an idea what i should be running at the track with 555 drag radials on stock 17's. I just finished modding it and due to the weather am unable to track it till next season. Does anyone have an idea im seeing guys running 11.3 with BPU mods so i'm assuming in the 10's.
You sure will have the power and probably trap speeds to propel your car into the 10s. However, like the above have stated, it is all about experience, launching a 6spd isnt the easiest thing to do.:D

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,890 Posts
Get a Phillip Long 2-step, then you can build boost on the line. Run lower boost in 1st gear (boost controller off), then crank it up in 2nd gear! If my buddy Brian takes his T-78 powered car to the track soon, then I will have an estimated time for you!

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 6speed and i have some track experience. I have a stage 3 clutch,mueller flywheel, hks vps, greddy 3 row, safc, apexi bbc, tanabe downpipe, tanabe madallion exhaust, hks racing 2 BOV, 264 cams, hks intake, 750cc injectors, duel pumps, aeromotive regulator, sp rail, greddy type r wastegate. What rpm would be the best to launch at on drags? What is this 2 step and what does it exactly do?
 

·
boost is good
Joined
·
772 Posts
supraT-78 said:
Its a 6speed and i have some track experience. I have a stage 3 clutch,mueller flywheel, hks vps, greddy 3 row, safc, apexi bbc, tanabe downpipe, tanabe madallion exhaust, hks racing 2 BOV, 264 cams, hks intake, 750cc injectors, duel pumps, aeromotive regulator, sp rail, greddy type r wastegate. What rpm would be the best to launch at on drags? What is this 2 step and what does it exactly do?
what color is your car? this sounds almost exactly like my old supra, dynoed the exact same too
 

·
Mamba Still On Top
Joined
·
3,480 Posts
This sounds like Gritsak's old beast. His car had the wings west front lip as well... Post some pics up and I bet Andy will know whether or not its his old one. He had the stock chromies..

:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
945 Posts
xsentrixsupra said:
Really depends on driving skill........also if you are an auto and have a built auto and high stall :D

I'd say low to mid 11s is a good guestimate for you, however I don't have any clue about how you drive......I dunno whether to call you Ryan Woon or Dennis Walsh :cool: :p
And what the fuck would I call you? A no one? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
I have very close to your set up.I`m not a good driver but learning.I ran a best of 12.1 @125 in the summer heat.You`ll find the 60ft is he hardest part with a 6 speed.I run bfg drags and still spin in 2-3 gears.I have a new horsepower freaks clutch and will be trying it out soon.Trying to launch at 4-5,000 can`t get the high rpms down everyone else says they do.Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
I ran 12.30 @ 121 mph on my car. 0-60 ft in 2.2. Hp very low at an even 500 rwhp @25psi on 92 octane tune . Waiting for a 2 step to put it in the 11. My style is not to slip clutches.

This turbo has an amazing top end. Hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,890 Posts
supraT-78 said:
What is this 2 step and what does it exactly do?
It is a Phillip Long Turbo Launch. Suprastore and some other places sell them. It is a 2-step stutter box - you set the RPM you want to launch at and put the gas to the floor. It stutters and builds boost so you can leave under some power!

Here is the link: http://store.yahoo.com/supra/msddirigsys6.html

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,636 Posts
I ran as fast as an [email protected]+ with little seat time, too little heat in the tires, too low a launch RPM, and on DRs. 60s in the low 2s, like 2.1. :(

Next time out I heated the tires, had a better tune, got a 1.9 60ft, and ran [email protected] high as 130MPH on 1.6-1.7BAR. Pump gas w/methanol&water injection. Launched higher at around 5500RPM & .5BAR boost

ET Streets got me a 1.6 60ft, [email protected]+. That was with race gas added (low on fuel), 1.7BAR, and about a 6K launch with about .5BAR boost

Don't know what I'd dyno right now to be honest. My timing is conservative for sure. Next time out I'll have the 2step on my clutch switch and anti-lag turned on to build more boost on the line\hold it between shifts. My logs showed me losing 20KPA between shifts before even when I flatfooted the shifts:eek: I will be launching on low boost and long about top of second ramping in a BUNCH more boost as speed increases. Amazing what you can do with an AEM! :cool:

On GOOD tires and a decent launch you ought to be able to equal if not beat my times. In fact with cams you ought to get about 5MPH more trap speed I'd think.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top