Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...it's been about 5 months since i parted out my supra. I figured i would post pics of my new ride. I know it's not a supra, but it is easier on the wallet in the mod department. Especially since i got it for a good deal. here are the pics.

fully built head and bottom end, fmic, greddy type s bov, fuel system.....no times yet. Water/ alky injection system in the works.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
my friends uncle has a TSi ([email protected] stock turbo)! AWESOME CAR!! blistering acceleration! thank god for AWD! ;) but from what i understand they go through trannies like we go through HG's! and my friends uncle blew his Talon up a few months back when the turbo fin broke loose and got sucked in through the IC, through the Engine and out the exhuast! lets just say he's not too happy with Turbonetics! :rolleyes:

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
what turbo? stock?

lookin good, DSMs are a very nice alternative to supras.

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20g turbo....and so far no tranny problems. That'll change when i start hittin up the track.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
damn, that is pretty sweet, I'm tryin to convince my friend to pick a gsx or tsi up and get rid of his piece-a-shit 76 Caddy...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Yeah I've heard bad things about trying to launch a TSi, and having the Tranny blow.

3,796 Posts
nice ride!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
hey kevin! i miss the supra, just not the same seeing ya down at the pavillions hanging out with all the dsm people.. haha but its cool, :) oh hey, i have a job now.. i can get that tranny soon haha.. well anyway later, we'll have to go down to firebird sometime and run our cars, i havent ran mine yet either

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey nice 1g dsm bro, I would take that over any 2g anyday.If i didn't have a Supra, I would have a Dsm myself

·
Former MKIII owner
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SupraTrey said:
DSM's are nice BUT if you think the Supra is bad on the wallet you just wait.... Dimond Star made a Great powerplant but forgot to design a good way to transfer the power.... the Tranny and Drivelines are gonna be your weakest points.... good luck bud. (Go SDS..... that works great with the DSM's)
reason this dsm is easier on the wallet is because everything is already done to it...it has 10g's in motor work and i picked the car up for 5g's. To get my supra to where this car will run would have taken more money that i didn't want to spend. Ahh well, i understand the tranny will probably go but i'll just try and slip the clutch as much as possible without putting too much stress on it. Seeing ultra7m's and Rons car makes me miss mine sometimes. I'll still be on this forum adding my 2cents here and there. :D

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
nice ride, but yeah DSM's have tranny problems ...
that's why mine is sitting in my parent's backyard lol..

P

·
0 Posts
Hey kev i miss the old sup but the dsm dosent look all that bad im glade i finaly got to see it!!! are you going to the mini meet on the 11th? talk at you laters

·
I are a member
318 Posts
damn man, so this is how I get to see the pics? You don't even send them to me... lol

nice ride man, looks damn good :)

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Cool car

Good engine ....imm likes tensioners belt goes makes a cool valve job grenade !!

But hey i like the style of 4x4 2.0 DOHC turblow

Damn im glad 7m's don't valve clash !! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice dsm.

oh your diff fit the cressida great. just needed to make custom spacers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts