Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 3800 stall on the way. I just wanted to thank you for all the information you gave me to help me make my choice on the PI converter that I ordered from www.converter.com

I am really excited about this upgrade! I like the fact that if I need to change the stall speed they said I could send it back and they would do it for free once in the 2 yr warrenty period! Once I get my single turbo setup in the future ( I hope I will have the cash within 2 yrs!) I can send it back if it is not right! That is an awesome selling point for a converter company.

SwamiBob

·
462 Posts
Congrats!

I'll be driving a 2800 stall car soon...Ryan H's. He pulled a 12.08 at pomona with this converter, so that may be all I need.

Then I'm getting mine!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't want to go as high as I did, I would at least get the 3200. From what I have been reading, that is not too much stall for sure and it still locks up so your normal crusing rpm's won't be different anyway, just when you are getting on it!

The suprastore.com (although I know that everyone talks down the suprastore ) has a 3200 for $619. I'm sure PI has one also as the guy told me that they will custom make them whatever you want buy the normally stock 3500 and 3800 for the toyota tt. I really liked the service on the phone the guy gave me and he knew what he was talking about. Also, the option to have them take back the stall for free and change it anytime within the 2 yr warrenty is excellent and I would bet the only converter place that is offering to do that.

SwamiBob

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now it's time for me to order my nitto 555R street legal drag radials. Raining season is almost over in FL :D

S

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear you decided to order it Swamibob. You'll enjoy it and I doubt you'll regret it. :)

PI is a great customer service oriented company to deal with. The whole thing about free change of stall speed is a a tribute to therir service. Supposedly they are coming out with an upgraded converter for the MKIV but it may be about a year or so. By then, I'll have a single in the car and I'll send mine back for the upgrade and probably a little higher stall.

Let me know how you like it. You're welcome.

Spool, like Bob said, if you go with PI, you can always change it if you wanna go higher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was $938.60 for the stall itself + $88.60 for next day delivery ( it was $50 for second day but I wanted to put it in on my day off which is tomorrow) for a grand total of $1027.20 to my door.

SwamiBob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts