Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, we got my friend's supra aligned. I have had good results by using the Lance settings and i told him to do the same. The alignment guy that did my supra a couple weeks earlier got my car to aligned to all the lance w. settings. however, my friends supra, could not. He said there might be a bent suspension component (he is correct because my friend has ate the curb in the rear right). So anyways, he could not get the camber in the rear past 1.2 degrees (he got the left all the way to 1.5 like lance says to). After his little misshap with his car and the curb, he replaced the obvious damaged components whcih was the toe link (where the toe adjustment is) and the traction link( the straight bar that runs along side the car) because the lower control arm where the strut bolts to and the upper A arm looked fine. I was wondering how durable the stock supra sub frame is and if it could be bent? The stock lower control arm looks pretty strong since it looks to be cast iron. The upper A arm is aluminum but doesnt appear to be bent. Which piece being bent would cause the camber not being able to be set more negative? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey.. im a passive member for supra forums for quite a while now because i couldn't post.
now that i can its cool!

anyways yeah my rear driver's side rim ate a HOLE in the ground and now theres negative camber and toe.. possible bent suspension? i checked but i don't see any bent parts.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The rear subframe seams pretty stout. They usually engineer the control arms to bend under impact, so to save the rear subframe.

Lawrence

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think its the lower control arm? it seems like its a cast iron part and seems pretty dam strong when you compare it to the upper aluminum A arm. What part being bent would effect the suspensionn to not wanna adjust more negative camber? the toe link arm and traction link has alreayd been replaced with brand new stock units.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
If the upper control arm was bent then you would have too much negative camber. The lower control arm would be the limiting factor. Is the cam on the other rear maxed out (negative)?

Lawrence

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is lowered on tein coilovers. yes the cam is maxed out and gave 1.2 degree of negative camber, the other side went all the way to 1.5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts