Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 mk3 and i have been lookin for a good suspension for street use and some reace use on the weekends i want to beable to adjust height and also handle well. i once looked at the tein ss but heard they rust. recently i have looked at ground control with konis/bilsteins heard they are the best set up. im open to all suggestions and any pics of set ups would be nice. im just confused on all the different types and need other members advie and suggestions on what would be the best for me. thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
tokico & eibach's not bad but i want it a bit lower. the hr with tokico blues are are good, its all depands if you want something with hieght adjustments

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
depends on your budget. If you want to keep it under $600, get the tokico white, with eibach or RSR springs. Handling feels great. But if money is not a issue, I say get something like the JIC or CUSCO......

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
I would say urethane bushings and sway bars first then get the spring/ strut combo.

What kind of racing do you plan on doing? Drag and road coarse are wayy different setups.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i wuz planning on doin my suspension too....anyone knw wut brand swaybars and rear control arms are good?...also does it matter wut brand strut bar u get...i heard the no names do the same thing

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
i know o maybe be askin dumd questions. sorry but why do u think i should do that first. jw
For the love of god, please use some proper grammar for once in your posts.

Jesus Fucking Christ. I know you can't be that fucking stupid. I don't even type like that in my text messages.

Complete sentences, proper punctuation, and correct spelling > you.

You would get better advice and more help if you didn't make yourself look like a complete tool.

·
Registered
78 Posts
pay no attention to degree.

He likes to say nothing helpful and use < and > a lot. (for example…. noobs > degree) When someone posts a thread I can pretty much predict what he’s going to say.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have you looked up the Gixxer/drew suspension thread, it explains how he built a suspension set-up with bilstein components and managed to keep it under 1000$, he also explains how to set them up for wat u want and has a video so you can see for yourself how they perform. He put it on a MK4 supra but you can prob do the same thing to a MK3, that's what im looking into and Im geared towards road racing myself

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is how you can find the thread I was talking about a sec. ago, If you type this in google it will be the first result to pop up, not sure how to direct you there thru the forums: gixxer_drew suspension / thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have degree blocked. I am sure what he had to say was pointless and not on topic what soever.

just go with the setup I mentioned and you will be happy.
thanks i wasnt feeling good that day thats why i was typing like that. but i felt good enough to check on my suspension thread.

thanks for your help ill check up on that setup

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is how you can find the thread I was talking about a sec. ago, If you type this in google it will be the first result to pop up, not sure how to direct you there thru the forums: gixxer_drew suspension / thread.
im going to type it in now and see if i can find it. ill let you know

1 - 20 of 20 Posts