Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the eibach/billstein shock/spring set up and I recently put 18" wheels on my MKIV. Now when i hit a significant sized bump my drivers side front wheel bumps the top of the wheel well. According to my mechanic this is common on most cars when they get older, one side being lower than the other that is, because I have no problems with the passenger side front wheel clearance.

My mechanic is suggesting that I remove the suspension on the drivers side and weld and extra piece on top of the eibach spring to raise it a little bit. The bilstiens aren't adjustable so I cant raise it there. I'm a little hesitant to do this.. is there any other way to do it without changing the front shocks to adjustable ones?

Any help is appreciate guys....

Thanks

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
Adjustable shocks would just offer the ability not to rebound as mouch, so less wheel travel over bumps (thus the harsher ride). I have KYB AGX and Eibach's and 18's and I rub but pretty much only when I'm turning or entering a parking lot, etc. My rear passenger side is a little lower than my driver's side though, not sure why. Anyone know is new bushings, etc, all around will make any difference?

·
Boost Junkie
12,730 Posts
I had to get coilovers to solve my problem with one side sitting higher then the other.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you search you will find a lot of thread on this.This is a inherit problem with the eibach/billstein shock/spring setup or TRD suspension which is the same.The only way to solve it is to go the coil over way.I had the same problem until i went the coil over route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts