Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was getting on an onramp doing about 85 and a guy was walking in the middle of the ramp and I had to jerk the car to the left and back to the right causing me to drift for a good 100 ft. Well in doing this I sliced a tire on something and had to put on the spare...I had the tire replaced the next day and now my car isnt handling right. It feels almost like the rear end is loose. I have upgraded sway bars(poly bushings), front and rear strut bars, bilsteins shocks, and lowering springs(about 3 inch in the front and 1 in the back). I jacked the car up and checked the sway bar end links and sway bar bushings and they all seem fine. Is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks,
J

I have a full poly set from suprasport to put on the car but I havent done it yet...suppose maybe I should start...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
broken tab for the rear swaybar? (it's common)

man, I dunno, just go over it with a fine tooth comb, subframe could be cracked, ect...

while you're there, retorque your subframe bolts, you'll be happy you did...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

By tab do you mean the end of the swaybar that the link bolts into? I hope I didnt crank the subframe...I suppose I will just have to put it up on a rack and check everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also is there anywhere to get the upper A-arms for a non rediculous amount of money? Cheapest I have found is about 450 a pop...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
not the end of the swaybar, but the end of the trailing arm (think that's what it's called)

swaybar is on top, the link goes from the swaybar to the bar with the tab on it, it's not uncommon for the tab to break (they had major issues with them in racing pure stock, toyota was cheap and replaced the rear endlinks with plastic, hoping they would break before the tab would...)

EDIT: upper A-arm is expensive because it has the upper ball joint, it's sold as an assembly (it's aluminum too, FAR ahead of it's time, but NOT cheap)

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
HOLY CRAP that's cheap...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts