Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCCA had a Solo Trials last Sunday at Second Creek Racetrack in Denver. The weather was cold, with intermittent drizzle.

This was the first Trials test for the front upper a-arm project we recently completed on our '97 Mkiv 6 speed.

My son co-drove the car, as he has all season. I had the fastest qualifying time of the day, and he ended up with the fastest time of the day in the main event.

We beat the cars that had been beating us earlier in the season - a CP class race car, which is like a TransAm race car with 600 hp, and a 2500 lb. 911 with 300 hp.

The additional camber and caster we were able to put into the front end (thanks to the adjustable a-arms) has made the front grip so much better we had to put more camber in the rear to keep the car balanced. The car is handling better now than it ever has, so I think the only thing left to do for suspension development is a set of adjustable rear upper arms. I have maximum rear camber now (about -2.4 degrees) and would like to have a single adjustment to take it from a street to a track setting, and to be able to fine tune the rear grip at the track.

The suspension changes have really transformed the car on the track, dramatically increasing the cornering speeds and making the car easier to drive at the limit. I am amazed at how well the Supra can do at the track considering its weight.

Jeff

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
very cool. did you custom make these arms? or will the be available soon for everyone to buy?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Steve. It's been a long development season, but success makes it worthwhile.

Turbomx - the upper a-arm kits are available. Drop me a pm with your email address for more info.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts