Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight i have had my car for about a week now.. and im afraid to even drive it.. its god damn 1 inches off the ground.. sure it looks pretty cool i guess, and it may be more aerodynamic.. but in my town.. theres so many fukin dips and speed bumps.. they go crazy with them... damn old people.... anyways i want to raise it at least an inch to make it easier.. possibly 1-1/2 to like 2 inches higher.. i beleive it was lowered with aftermarket springs, i know the springs wernt cut or anything rice like that.. any ways i can raise my car that wont cost a billion dollars?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was afraid of :( damn
i guess i gotta use boards to back out of my driveway for a while :cry: :cry:

**makes illeagle concrete ramp into driveway**

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
looks like you have stock wheels,

if you get some 18s or 19s then it will rais it. but that would be like a billion dollars

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Here's a crazy idea - get some stock springs...put them on. Viola...you car is now ~1 1/2" higher than it is now....

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
lehman said:
looks like you have stock wheels,

if you get some 18s or 19s then it will rais it. but that would be like a billion dollars
it shouldnt if you do it right, thats why you get lower profile tires, it offsets the greater size in wheels

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Philly Single said:
Here's a crazy idea - get some stock springs...put them on. Viola...you car is now ~1 1/2" higher than it is now....

good idea! ive got some low miles (19k) springs.. for sale.. real cheap!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Dude, your sig is makin my computer tweak!!!
Just go back to stock springs, you can find them real cheap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Might Be Able To Remount Shocks

MkIVSylver, it may be that the previous owner installed the popular Koni Sport/Eibach Pro setup. (Have you checked out the shocks? Are they yellow?)

The Koni Sports have two mounting perches on them, and using the upper perches sits the car really low. I have them on my car at the moment, and after starting out with the front set at the lowest setting and the rears set at the highest setting, I decided I liked the look but it just wasn't suitable from a performance standpoint (I autocross). So I had the fronts remounted to gain some suspension travel: this is about a two hour job or thereabouts.

Please note that the Eibachs alone will not put your car on the deck; they'll lower the car an inch or so. It's the shock mounting that is more responsible for ride height (assuming you have the Konis).

What i'm saying is take your car to a shop that knows suspensions and have them check out your shocks and maybe remount them for more suspension travel. If this is possible, it won't set you back more than $200 bucks or so. (Do it yourself and it's just an afternoon's time.)

Good luck.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
FLEWpastUsupra said:
good idea! ive got some low miles (19k) springs.. for sale.. real cheap!
Hey bro..nice sig ;) Shoot me an IM - I'll take those stock springs off your hands..cheap right!

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts