Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Tein Basic Coilovers for almost 15 years, for some reason the front driver side wheel was always more tucked in the fender than the passenger side with the same height settings on both sides, I thought after 15 years it was time to upgrade so I bought Hks coilovers, installed them and it improved the ride quality a hundred times but it didnt fix the height issue, the driver side is still more tucked in the fender than the passenger side, can it be the upper or lower arm? I inspected them visually and they look fine, I also replaced the steering rack bushings a while ago but is not that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
It could just be the typical non-symetric weight distribution. If you set the coilovers to the same position before putting weight on them they will compress to different lengths due to uneven weights on each corner. If you "corner balance" the car the coilovers will be set to slightly different lengths but ride height will be even.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,031 Posts
what Nick said^

The driver and battery are also on that side biasing the weight. Also, are your sway bar endlinks old/worn ? The sways themselves take out some of the independence of the suspension from left to right, could also check those...

·
Registered
910 Posts
If the wheel has been tucked in. That could be from a collision ?
One way to find out is if you take it to a body shop and have them measure the chassis specs. It may need to be pulled to factory specs !
Also a bent knuckle will do that as well
Visually you will not be able to tell unless it is pre aligned to find out IF the suspension components are damaged or bent !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for all those suggestions, I will check all possibilities one by one and will update in case anyone is having a similar problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts