Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
dont know how long it will take but you do need a spring compressor i belive !

·
Registered
525 Posts
No spring compressor needed

This post has came up before....
YOU DO NOT NEED A SPRING COMPRESSOR.
I've changed my springs twice before...if i can change the springs almost anyone with half a brain can... :)

R

·
0 Posts
No Spring Compressor ??

OK, I'm about to replace my struts with KYB AGXs. I have read the manual/instructions @ MKIV.com. They show spring compressor tool used to keep spring at compressed height when uninstalling and installing. If you know of tricks or methods of not requiring this tool please explain.

Thanks

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Yeh, there are other ways to remove the stock spring from the shocks w/o the compressor. However, it's probably much more dangerous. You can rent/buy a spring compressor pretty cheaply. I'd rather not take the risk. Your choice.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you're replacing both shocks and springs then just take out the stock assemblies together and put together the lower springs and shocks for putting in. No Spring compressor needed for lowered springs. If you need to use the stock springs and don't want to use spring compressors then just set the shock on the ground and point one end away from you then zip the shock nut off... BUT, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU USE THE SAFER SPRING COMPRESSOR TOOL!!! You'll put your eye out kid. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts