Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 84 supra. The suspension is SHOT. im going to take it in very soon to get it over hauled. I plan on droping a 2jz in it. any suggestions on what to get for the suspension? hoping to race c1 eventualy. im also on a tight budget.
thnx for tha help.
s3x3s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 2jz is down the road, but i want the suspension im about to install to be able to handle it down the road.

·
SUPRAfied
351 Posts
well if youre gonna do a suspension now to handle a 2jz down the road, its not going to be cheap. mainly because theres a lack of aftermarket support for the mk2, so any parts that you can find are gonna be a little pricey.

earlier this year i priced a complete suspension upgrade, to incluse shocks struts, springs, sway bars, roll bars, bushings, etc., and i was looking about $900(of course i priced most of this through nopi, probably the worst place to try and get an idea of cost since theyre one of hte most expensive places on the net). not only that i was looking at breaks too which took the price to $1553. not a lot of money, but more than i thought it would cost to do suspension and breaks.

if you wanna save money, go check out wrecking yards, stock suspension is excellent( minus the pussy thin sway bars), and could probably handle a nice bit of power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts