Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, that GSXR 750 sold. :(

I found a silver 03 SV1000S with 1800 miles for $5500. It has Yosh pipes, nice undertail and small LED blinkers. I rode it, and it was a blast! Sounded mean too...very cool. 1 problem: it has 3 tiny dents on the tank. Oh, also the prev owner tried to take the VIN? sticker off of hte frame, and crapped up that small part of the frame. YOu can see where he scratched the frame paint and tried to touch it up. THe tank shouldnt be an issue, as my dad is a bodyman and can easily fix the lil dents.

After a lot of web research, it seems like they are not very popular. Why? Lack of marketing?

For the $$$, it seems like a lot of bike. Does anyone own one here?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
It's not that popular because the magazines don't rate it above that bike and an expert rider will be .00001 seconds faster on this other bike and it isn't a GSXCBRYZZX supersport machine and yadda yadda yadda.

If you don't already know my stance on naked bikes, here it is: they rock! Really fun and agile and V-twins are great for the street. I think they're mid 10 second bikes in the quarter mile.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I own a SV650s, and my brother owns a SV1000s...both are great bikes..the reason they are "common" is b/c there're those gixxers 600 for those rider wannabe..and gixxer 6 are cheaper than the 650 or 1000....so...everyone goes for gixxer 6....we all see them buzzing around riding like an idiot making the image of other riders look bad..

anyway...SV650s are very very very popular on track...b/c of it's weight and characteristic of power delivery...it's very rider friendly...and yes...V-twin are great...torque is everywhere on the graph...

and about the nake thing...well, it can be naked, half naked, or full-fairing..I have full-fairing on my 650s...anyway..figure I'll drop a comment or two

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I saw a MINT 1000S on ebay, vut it went at buy it now price. Local place has a really nice one too, but it has 2 little tank dents and the idiot previous owner did a shit job trying to remove the VIN sticker from the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts